Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2019 Leaf Pop Century
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Leaf Pop Century
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that ePack drives the Love Hewitt price down. . .

Asking prices on the Pop Century stuff seem high right now. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really don't care for most of the pics on this set of auto cards. Looks like it was thrown together in a hurry. For example, Shirley Jones as Shirley Partridge but the photo and the hair style isn't even close to the one from the Partridge Family. The James Caan photo looks like he's wearing red/pink lipstick. Very disappointed. A ton of repeat signers or should I say left over stickers. The cut signature cards are what I'm shooting for unless they're over-priced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised there aren't more reality TV personalities in Pop Century.

The Pawn Stars guys brought decent value for a while. . .

I'm really surprised to see how much some of the reality TV people in Ginter bring -- Sig Hansen, the Impractical Jokers and Danielle Colby are all $50-100 autographs.

I don't think Pop Century did as well with the people from Hardcore Pawn, and maybe that's why they didn't try again, but it seems to me that the are a TON of reality TV personalities who would be first time signers. . .

I'd like to see the judges from Forged in Fire, some of the Battlebots builders, some of the miners on the Gold Mining shows (Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold, etc).

There are also opportunities for relics here -- broken battlebot parts, small chunks of quartz/gold, leftover steel from knives, etc.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received one of the 'wave' autographs -- it does look better in person than it does in many of the pictures online. . .

Still prefer standard format to metal, and prefer metal to 'refractor' or whatever this is called. . .

I really wish they would have had a solid background under the signature rather than the 'wave.'

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not surprised at all that Danielle Colby's autograph is selling that well. She is "TV gold" because she seems to have a different look on "American Pickers" ("Rosie the Riveter," 50's pin-up, etc.) from episode to episode and yet always seems so real. She started going out on some of the picks so viewers got to know her more.

I think most TV viewers would recognize the "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers" people even if they weren't regular watchers of those shows but I don't think "Hardcore Pawn" had the same level of popularity.

Yeah, I think "Battlebots" is one of those shows that should have more merchandise. It's been on for years and they have toys for only a few of those robots. My brother's girlfriend's son loves that show and has pointed out that he wanted more of them.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I'm surprised there aren't more reality TV personalities in Pop Century.

The Pawn Stars guys brought decent value for a while. . .

I'm really surprised to see how much some of the reality TV people in Ginter bring -- Sig Hansen, the Impractical Jokers and Danielle Colby are all $50-100 autographs.

I don't think Pop Century did as well with the people from Hardcore Pawn, and maybe that's why they didn't try again, but it seems to me that the are a TON of reality TV personalities who would be first time signers. . .

I'd like to see the judges from Forged in Fire, some of the Battlebots builders, some of the miners on the Gold Mining shows (Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold, etc).

There are also opportunities for relics here -- broken battlebot parts, small chunks of quartz/gold, leftover steel from knives, etc.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just received one of the 'wave' autographs -- it does look better in person than it does in many of the pictures online. . .

Still prefer standard format to metal, and prefer metal to 'refractor' or whatever this is called. . .

Right, this is my impression as well. I find the base designs more desirable than the supposedly better numbered tiered ones. What are all of these ugly lines in the photos?

I did get my Geena Davis and JJ Leigh so I will see when they get here. Still not sure why these dopey sellers think that Steven Seagal should be so high. Dudes career has been over for awhile now.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm hoping that ePack drives the Love Hewitt price down. . .

Asking prices on the Pop Century stuff seem high right now. . .

I decided that Goodwin wins. Nicer card, nicer signature plus it's on card. Pop Century is only for sigs I can't find anywhere else.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
What are all of these ugly lines in the photos?

I did get my Geena Davis and JJ Leigh so I will see when they get here. Still not sure why these dopey sellers think that Steven Seagal should be so high. Dudes career has been over for awhile now.

The lines are part of the design -- where it 'refracts' or whatever. I thing scanners really cause these lines to look pronounced. They are definitely there, but not that bad.

I'm still looking for a Geena. . . and I've also decided that I'm going after a Goodwin JLH, although if I find a cheap Pop Century I'll grab it. Not sure what Seagal should sell for, but people have been really high out the gate. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
So I did "unintentionally" pick up a Jennifer Jason Leigh with lines (numbered to 15). In hand they do look nice but you really gotta play with the light to get a decent picture of it.

I was even more concerned that the surface of the cards were rough like the old style lenticular. Glad to see they are smooth.