Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    No I Love Lucy 60th set??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No I Love Lucy 60th set??
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted
Hi all,

This year marked the 60th anniversary of "I Love Lucy". I was cleaning up some stuff and found a 50th annviersary promo sheet and realized that no company did a 60th anniversary set (that I know of)...

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one...

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I guess people no longer love lucy!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I guess people no longer love lucy!

You would be surprised by how many generations don't even know Lucy. I was not around when I Love Lucy was new and in production, but for decades afterwards the show was in reruns. I can remember seeing every episode multiple times in reruns on morning TV.

Now daytime TV is soaps, talks, judges and game shows. The only way to see many classic TV shows, not just Lucy, is by buying the DVD collections. As a result people and shows that we thought would never be forgotten are not even known, except perhaps as an image on a coffee mug.

Ask people born in the last 30 years about James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and you will find that some may have heard of them, but very few have ever seen their films. At least the Honeymooners still get a holiday marathon once a year. Wink

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post