Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Why do sellers do this
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do sellers do this
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
E Bay # 184777878606
This is the most ridiculous asking price I have seen
We can only hope that they will reach these dizzying heights someday lol

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess it's funny at first but it takes time to type out a listing although a lot of sellers don't go into any detail at all so maybe it was done in seconds. I've noticed the way you fill in fields for a listing is completely different from the form a seller filled out 15 years ago.

Piko, let me know if you could use the Millennium Falcon card from that set. I would actually be willing to make you a special deal for something less than that.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
E Bay # 184777878606
This is the most ridiculous asking price I have seen
We can only hope that they will reach these dizzying heights someday lol

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jess I do have the set.
Am now wondering wether I can get that price for it , might even give a discount and free shipping

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I made an offer on a sketch card that was so overpriced it would have been cheaper to fly the artist to the UK and get him to draw on a wall. The offer (which was 10% of the asking price) was declined with a message saying if I'd been collecting cards for as long as him, I would appreciate true worth.
The card was withdrawn from the site.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I made an offer on a sketch card that was so overpriced it would have been cheaper to fly the artist to the UK and get him to draw on a wall. The offer (which was 10% of the asking price) was declined with a message saying if I'd been collecting cards for as long as him, I would appreciate true worth.
The card was withdrawn from the site.

I do think sketch cards can bring out the eternal optimist/inner idiot of a lot of sellers where pricing is concerned!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post