Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Help me understand Unstoppable Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me understand Unstoppable Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted
I searched "Unstoppable Sketch Card" on eBay, and the search returned THIRTY FOUR different sets.

I have seen a box of "Blake 7" and a premium pack of "My Favorite Martian" before, but do all 34 sets have base cards and retail packaging? I can't believe they released that many different sets without me seeing more of them at a local card store or card show. What other sets am I missing? And why do they have low visibility (here in the USA)?

• Avengers Series 3
• Avengers TV 50th Anniversary
• The Avengers Complete Collection
• Blake 7
• British Horror Collection (Konga)
• British Horror Collection (Horror of Frankenstein)
• Captain Scarlett
• Captain Scarlett 50 years
• Dead Divas
• Dr. Who & the Daleks
• Fantasy Art
• Fireball XL5
• Four Feather Falls
• Hammer Horror Series 1
• Joe 90
• The Lost Worlds of Gerry Anderson
• My Favorite Martian
• Night of the Living Dead
• The Persuaders
• The Saint 2017
• The Saint Series 2
• The Secret Service
• Space 1999
• Space 1999 Series 3
• Space 1999 Series 4
• Stingray
• Supercar
• Terminator 2
• Thunderbirds 50th
• Thunderbirds Series 2
• UFO Series 2
• UFO Series 3
• The Wicker Man
• Women Of The Avengers

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have never just come across a box of any Unstoppable product. MY LHS would never even be offered them through their distributor. Individual cards can be found on eBay. I have ordered them direct in the past, but only certain dealers carry them. Check out Ed's newsletters if you need a head's up on new stuff.

Why low visibility? Well, its almost all UK shows, lot of it older, with limited print runs and not a lot of demand for those titles in the US.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable are a UK card company. They do not do retail which is why you would have not seen any in your shops. They are hobby only. Virtually all those sets have a base set. The base set comes complete in the box along with a few hits. The base set is not normally 90 or so cards, it is often 36 or even 18.
If you want a usa dealer for the products i'm sure Ed at sci-fi cards stocks the products.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie is quite correct. Unstoppable is a UK card company that has been around for quite a few years. But if you really want some fun, do another search for 'Strictly Ink Sketch Card'. 'Strictly Ink' became 'Unstoppable'. There are quite a few sets from them to track down too. Jason Wright can probably fill in the details if he spots this thread and joins in Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The list is missing their 2015 set for "The Man Who Fell to Earth" which got the full treatment with hobby boxes that included sketch cards, film cell cards, goil foil chase cards, and cast autograph cards led by David Bowie.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Come to my table in Chicago or Philly and you'll see several Unstoppable releases.

There just isn't a huge market for the very UK-centric offerings that Unstoppable Cards tends to lead with.

And your list is missing several. Safe to assume that there was an Avengers 1 and 2 if there is a 3.

They've been good for 2-4 releases a year. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But you have to give them mad props for keeping the flame for some of these properties. And for hunting down so many of the mostly-elderly actors they get to sign for these sets.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the listing, their current speciality are chase cards which they call "Dealer Promo" which they are not. They are just as difficult to collect as their Artist drawn cards. Their base cards are usually sold in a box consisting of 54 cards plus an envelope of about five or six cards which have the various chase cards in them.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!
This has been very helpful.

One last question ... does anyone know why they stopped using the name "Strictly Ink"? -- Was there a change in leadership, or a lawsuit, or something?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post