Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMA / River Wye
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Did this UK company do anything other than D-Day and that wonderful Sherlock Holmes card set in the early 2000s ?

I recall they had 2 promos for a Sherlock Series 2 that never came out, and they are very hard to find

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm almost sure CMA did Hammer Horror sets.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They did two Hammer sets. Entombed, including six autograph cards and a seventh one at the '99 Memorabilia show, and Behind The Screams, which just had some chase sets, no autos.

I think it was them who did the 9-card 40th Anniversary factory set as well.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You are all correct !

For years I wondered if Sherlock Holmes Series 2 ever came out. NSU used to list it as "just released" on its calendar, but I think this was an error

And like I said, the 2 promos for Series 2 are VERY tough to find, in my experience. I never saw them for sale. I believe that I got them directly from CMA with an order, years ago

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
..........and as if by magic they all suddenly appear on ebay, funny how often that happens, who say's nobody reads these posts? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They also issued Laurel and Hardy cards.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
They also issued Laurel and Hardy cards.

Two series, "Premier" in 1997 and "Millennium 2000" (aka "Another Fine Card Set") in 2001.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, CMA/RiverWye distributed a catalog with photos & pricing thru the mail. I have one somewhere - its a great little reference book.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

There were also some Laurel and Hardy preview sets by the UK Fan Club that I do not believe you list. Please contact me for info !

David

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Morning

For those that may have forgotten and as I came across these this morning filed away in the wrong binder I thought I would post scans of the two Hammer Horror Behind the Screams Series Two promo cards.

P1 Front
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

P1 Back

P2 Front

P2 Back

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been watching for the Series 2 promos over the past couple of months. They are not always available but if you keep your eyes open, they pop up rather regularly. I've seen two pairs sell so far this year with one pair having sold just a few days ago.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
You are all correct !

For years I wondered if Sherlock Holmes Series 2 ever came out. NSU used to list it as "just released" on its calendar, but I think this was an error

And like I said, the 2 promos for Series 2 are VERY tough to find, in my experience. I never saw them for sale. I believe that I got them directly from CMA with an order, years ago

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post