Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars 30th Anniversary Master Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Master Set
 Login/Join

Picture of Jim Sim
posted
Smile Hello everyone. After a little over four years, I have finally completed my master set of Star Wars 30th Anniversary autograph cards and I'd like to share it with the card collecting community.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6311/set1np.jpg

Sorry about the poor photo. It looked a lot clearer when I took it but my photography skills have never been up to much. Anyway, I decided to go for the autograph card master set after buying a sealed box back in the Summer of 2007. I was lucky enough to pull Kenny Baker and Rusty Goffe autographs from the same box (they were in the same pack in fact). The quality of the set impressed me so much that I set about the daunting task of collecting the other 23 autograph cards in the set. Early on I considered tackling the sketch and blue/red/gold chase cards as well but then thought better of it. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be able to finish the set but over the years the collection slowly grew. It has been a long journey and I now consider my collection complete.

The photo shows all 25 autographs, UK & US promo sets, 27 puzzle card set and the base card set together with an empty box, wrapper and box topper. The only thing missing is a hobby sell sheet but I can live without one.

Jim.

Posts: 13 | Location: England | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many arms and legs do you have because that looks like it would have taken more than two of each?

Great collection

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have that upper middle page of autos! Drool WOW!

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WoofyTrades
posted Hide Post
That is AWESOME!

I was really surprised with the sets quality as well. I like how the cards are super thick. The only thing I don't like about this set are the puzzle pieces. I wouldn't say that I hate odd shaped cards but I really dislike the ones in this set.

You were definitely meant to finish the set after pulling Kenny Baker. Now that he can't sign anymore this card seems impossible to get but to be honest the card that I would want most is the Harrison Ford.

Posts: 22 | Location: Non-Sport Forum | Registered: November 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Wow, excellent set to complete

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 6 middle autographs are fantastic.Star Wars sets are so hard to complete.well done Wave

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, incredible!!! Drool

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Wow that is very cool..GRATZ!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Congrats on the completion!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nicely done. If only I could focus on one set at a time, maybe one day, I could finish my Twilight Zone auto set.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I think thats fantastic.
Can I ask something: where did you get that harrison ford auto card? Do you think there are still some of his auto cards out there in hobby boxes or have they all been pulled?
Where did you generally get your cards?
It would be interesting to hear. Thumb Up

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WoofyTrades:

You were definitely meant to finish the set after pulling Kenny Baker. Now that he can't sign anymore this card seems impossible to get but to be honest the card that I would want most is the Harrison Ford.

Kenny still does shows. He can't fly, but he does shows still in the UK. In fact he was just at FACTS in Ghent, Belgium on Oct. 22nd & 23rd.

But great job & congrats on pulling that set together!! I hope someday to do the same.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eng621,

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eng621:
quote:
Originally posted by WoofyTrades:

Kenny still does shows. He can't fly, but he does shows still in the UK. In fact he was just at FACTS in Ghent, Belgium on Oct. 22nd & 23rd.

But great job & congrats on pulling that set together!! I hope someday to do the same.

That bit about Kenny Baker made me laugh. Here in the UK I've seen him at near enough every show I've ever been to! He signs very slowly and the signature can deteriorate twoards the end of the day when tiredness sets in, but he can certainly still sign and to a high standard.

Congratulations to Jim though on his 30th Anniversary set. That autograph run must be one of the hardest to complete in any non-sport set and is quite an achievement. I think we're all jealous of that Harrison Ford! Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a very nice set.

I'm not a Star Wars collector, but I appreciate the satisfaction of completing a set such as this, especially when some of the cards are, um, pricier than others.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only thing missing is a hobby sell sheet but I can live without one.

Jim.

Congrats Jim.

I only need the Ford auto but not plan to complete all the parallel cards to finish my set. So lucky you to have it in your collection.

I have an extra Hobby sell sheet if you would like to complete your truly master set Smile LMK

Thanks!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Sim
posted Hide Post
Smile Thanks for the comments everyone. It's great to be able to share the cards with other people who appreciate them as much as I do.

I am definitely interested in your spare hobby sell sheet Archifou. Could you please e-mail me further details and perhaps a photo? My e-mail address is kenner12back@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks.

In answer to your question Salama, I got my Harrison Ford card by doing a part trade and part cash deal with another collector I know here in the UK a couple of years ago. He had intended to complete the set but then changed his mind, opting to get more into collecting the original Star Wars toys from the 1970s instead. I was given first refusal and we eventually worked out a deal that saw him adding most of my original Star Wars toys to his collection. The rest of the cards, with the exception of Kenny Baker and Rusty Goffe, came from either dealers at shows or Ebay.

I suppose there could still be Harrison Ford cards lurking inside unopened boxes. What does everyone else think? In addition to my one, I know of the whereabouts of two others. Back in 2007, I recall there being two sold on Ebay. So, that leaves five other cards that are unaccounted for.

Jim.

Posts: 13 | Location: England | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Well that was indeed interesting to read.
To get all those gold foil cards must have been one hell of a task also, there are not many of them on ebay either and they usually cost around 300$ per card.

So there might be still a couple of ford autos out there, maybe I´ll start buying some boxes then, anyway whats left of them Razz

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post