Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    The X-Files - Rittenhouse, Upper Deck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The X-Files - Rittenhouse, Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted
I picked up the Gillian Anderson and William B. Davis from Rittenhouse's X-Files Archives set last year, and finally managed to snag a good deal on the David Duchovny a couple weeks back from a GREAT UK dealer (Goldfish).

For many I am sure the Duchovny & Anderson dual incentive from Seasons 10&11 is the 'holy grail' to have, but I wanted a single card from each actor and would rather have 'classic era' pictures also. RA did a nice job on the design of their X-Files autos, and I feel very fortunate we got these so many years after the show's heyday.

I had hoped that RA would mine the classic era signers more heavily, rather than doing just this premium set, but I suppose Inkworks covered that pretty well. Plus, Upper Deck have brought some good new signers on board last year that were important to the show.

I have really enjoyed adding some of the new signers from RA and UD to my Inkworks autos, and I was wondering how deep other X-Files collectors have gone on these most recent sets for this old show?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They look great, congrats on getting those. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they do look fantastic. I quit collecting, but if I had not, The X-Files would have been one of the franchises I'd have kept up with.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Still love a bit of X-Files all these years later.

cardaddict do you not collect anything at all anymore? Do you still have your X-Files cards?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

For many I am sure the Duchovny & Anderson dual incentive from Seasons 10&11 is the 'holy grail' to have, but I wanted a single card from each actor and would rather have 'classic era' pictures also.

Because of my cast projects I am pretty much the same way. I do have some dual sig cards but most of them also have their single counter part. The last time RA offered the combined Shatner/Nimoy ST card I felt it would be a crime to my collection not to have it. Cool

I could only find the dual Sean Young/Andrea Thompson card for a reasonable price so I completely fabricated a new Pop Century card for Young using the actual signature from the card in my collection. Actually looks pretty good in the Blade Runner project. I think I did better than Leaf. Big Grin

Have to admit I have never been a big X-files fan. I don't hate it, just don't love it either. I do have many cards from the various sets and will eventually need a David before ever getting a Gillian.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post