Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X-Files Contact boxtopper card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files Contact boxtopper card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
Can anyone tell me if the boxtopper card for this set was included in packs or found separately in the box? Thanks in advance !

Will

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
It has been so long since I bought a box of this, I can not remember. This is a nice set, I enjoyed working on it.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wow long time ago
as far as I know Box Topper cards were Just an extra card on the top of the box
I have seen boxes opened but cannot remember if they were even in a cello sleeve
But sometimes these type of cards as well as case cards could be pack inserted
Sorry that is all I know
This is what old age dose to you LOL

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Okay, let me try another question regarding this set--does the boxtopper card even exist? I can see a couple of the case topper cards (acetate "Teen Taken From Tent") listed on eBay, but nothing for the boxtopper card, either on its own or as part of a master/mini-master set.

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My old want list has a 3 card foil strip of S1-S2-S3 on it. Maybe this is the alleged box topper?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that when I bought the Master set in 1997, it was just the base, the 2 levels of chase, the case topper card, and those uncut strips of the chase cards. No box topper.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I seem to recall that when I bought the Master set in 1997, it was just the base, the 2 levels of chase, the case topper card, and those uncut strips of the chase cards. No box topper.

Based on what I can see on eBay, this sounds right. One "mini-master" set and one "master" set are listed there, and neither one mention a boxtopper card. I think it's safe to assume the card does not exist, but if anyone has information to the contrary, please feel free to let me know...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff Allender's site lists a Bonus Card as a box topper, but I think this might be an error.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at the NSU price guide from the June-July 1999 issue. When NSU revised the price guide after Bill's passing, I knew I better keep at least one of the last guides from before then and I also dug up one I still had in a box of old card magazines (the 1999 issue). They are points of reference that help for situations like this when our memories get a little fuzzy about 20-year old sets rarely discussed.

The 1999 guide does not list a box topper so it might not exist though Allender does note it as a "bonus card." The 1999 guide does, however, list two different 3-card foil strips with one have a different "marking" than the chase cards and a 3-card acetate strip. Allender lists 4 different 3 card strips accounting for all the 9 foil chase and the 3 acetate chase cards and that they were case purchase incentives.

Jess

I remember the promo. It was in-demand for a while in that $5-10 range but it appears a lot were printed

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
after looking at my X Files promos i have found that as I remember in 1997 I purchased 2 X Files Contact Promo cards one coloured black 1 a grey coloured card with the picture quiet legible
and from the same seller three three card strips of the 9 insert cards
Sheet # back in silver foil XF1 has inserts A1 A2 A3
Sheet # back in foil XF2 has inserts A4 A5 A6
Sheet # back in foil XF3 has inserts A7 A8 A9
I purchased these three card strips on the understanding that they were box card incentives
The seller was a small seller and in New Zealand at the time there were no sellers big enough to handle cases so i had no reason to disbelieve him

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post