Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    The Rock autograph cards!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rock autograph cards!!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all

I have just picked almost all the autos from the scorpion king and mummy returns inworks sets(paid less than $100 but i need the 2 rock ones to complete my master set.any advice and how rare and how much these 2 are gonna cost??

Thanks

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are not extremely rare, but I think they still sell for $150 to $200 each (the last Scorpion King one sold for $180ish, and the last Mummy Returns sold for $230ish on eBay).

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thumb Up

Can you post photos of them please? Smile

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Regarding the scorpion king and mummy returns sets,

Were all of the autographs by redemption when first released?

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G6ADC:

Thats correct!!around 100 of each were signed by all accounts??he was late in returning his cards both times!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prospect5k,

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:

Thats one of em!!the hunt goes on!!! Cool

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
quote:

Thats correct!!around 100 of each were signed by all accounts??he was late in returning his cards both times!!

I meant to say was the other actors by redemption aswell.

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant to say was the other actors by redemption aswell.

Yes all the autographs from both sets were redemptions.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder just how many ended up in those Razor boxes???

The one from the Mummy Returns seems to be tougher to find but im still missing both!!theres a couple on the bay of the Scorpion King!!

I may have to wait a while to add these to my collection??

I might come across em at a fair in Birminghan or London this year??fingers crossed!!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

My guess would be none. There were autograph cards from The Mummy in the Inkworks inventory repackaged by Razor. I pulled a couple myself, the actor and actress who played the Egyptian Mummy and his Queen. I never heard of anyone getting The Rock. If there were only a hundred or so made, the number of unredeemed cards would have been small, and easily held back by someone at either end of the stock purchase.

Posts: 10404 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

My guess would be none. There were autograph cards from The Mummy in the Inkworks inventory repackaged by Razor. I pulled a couple myself, the actor and actress who played the Egyptian Mummy and his Queen. I never heard of anyone getting The Rock. If there were only a hundred or so made, the number of unredeemed cards would have been small, and easily held back by someone at either end of the stock purchase.

I remember i seen a Mummy returns auto of the rock and it was priced up at £500($800) at the time!!!that was in birmingham in 2010.dont know why it was priced that high but it was a cool card!!didnt collect them then and i wouldnt of paid anywhere near that anyway!!i would be around the $200 mark if im honest.maybe $250 for the Mummy returns one!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Got this today, and my Scorpion King set is STILL not complete. I never did find the Japanese and some other promo cards:

Posts: 2505 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have an interesting story about the Japanese promo. When I first heard of the announcement that it was coming out, available only through the CD soundtrack for the movie released in Japan, I did an internet search and found an on-line store in Tokyo that sold the CD. The site was entirely in Japanese, which I could not read, but I bought the CD, anyway. A few weeks later it came with the promo inside !

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I can beat that, i contacted a collector in Japan and he purchased the cd for himself and sent me the card. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Can one of you guys please post a picture of the Japanese card? I'd love to see what it looks like.

Posts: 2505 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Can one of you guys please post a picture of the Japanese card? I'd love to see what it looks like.

There is one on ebay at the moment if you want to see what it looks like.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I purchased one yesterday:

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I wonder what a realistic value of that card is.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I wonder what a realistic value of that card is.

I believe the NSU guide value is $10 but the last 2 on eBay sold for $25 each.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post