Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    The Rock autograph cards!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rock autograph cards!!
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

I believe the NSU guide value is $10

I don't believe one of these ever sold for $10. Watch somebody show me the sale now. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
As I've said before, I take the NSU price guide quotes with a grain of salt as large as an elephant.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Just got my UMJ-1. It's very alike the Best Buy one.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
After all this time, this thread spurred me into action and I mangaged to snag the Best Buy and the UMJ-1 from E-bay on the same day. Now all I need are the FC-1 through FC-7 set, if they actually exist.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Bumped up this old thread because it looks like the Rock's autograph card #A7 in The Mummy Returns sold for $2,026 on eBay a few days ago.

Considering that its a tough card and he is the most successful actor doing films now, and has been for quite awhile, why not? Of course I'd prefer Dwayne Johnson, but what do I know. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's funny seeing mention of the UMJ promo after all these years. It was only in the japanese cd's and i remember at the time contacting someone in Japan who i did not know and sent him off to buy the cd and send me the card and he could have the cd. I'd almost forgotten that. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TDSA
posted Hide Post
I saw the auction too I could not believe the card went that high. Of course it has been a while since I have seen one listed on eBay. Were there only a 100 of the Rock autograph cards?

Posts: 163 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States | Registered: March 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Of course I'd prefer Dwayne Johnson, but what do I know. Big Grin

Same here but I think the last time I saw the Doom Dwayne Johnson sig go it was around $3 or 4k. I would imagine it would go for more now. Someone is asking 20K for one on ebay at the moment. Smokin'

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I have no data figures, but that Doom autograph never seems to show up, while his Mummy and Scorpion King autos periodically appear on eBay. I think either they are just not shaking loose from collections or the print run is really minimal. I know I did get my hands on Doom cards at some point long ago and I have several of the autographs, but all are commons.

I don't think the Doom movie made much money when it came out, but I remember seeing it. While it was no great treat, it was standard horror/alien/video game stuff and no worse than the average of its kind.

DJ was a villain and not quite the star, Pike and Urban were leads. Richard Brake, the Night King, was also in it.

Just looked and Worthpoint says 75 were made, so if true perhaps 65 - 70 made it out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Oh yeah, I have no data figures, but that Doom autograph never seems to show up, while his Mummy and Scorpion King autos periodically appear on eBay. I think either they are just not shaking loose from collections or the print run is really minimal. I know I did get my hands on Doom cards at some point long ago and I have several of the autographs, but all are commons.

I don't think the Doom movie made much money when it came out, but I remember seeing it. While it was no great treat, it was standard horror/alien/video game stuff and no worse than the average of its kind.

DJ was a villain and not quite the star, Pike and Urban were leads. Richard Brake, the Night King, was also in it.

Just looked and Worthpoint says 75 were made, so if true perhaps 65 - 70 made it out.

Yeah the movie for the most part tanked. Fortunately the production budget was not insane either. It has probably broke even plus by this time. The Dwayne Johnson card came out high by current standards at the time. Probably the only non-sports autograph card that would go for higher than the RDJ RA release today.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
so, here's my spanner in the works... I have a Mummy Returns promo card MR-1 from 2001, signed in blue marker pen by Brendan Fraser and in Black marker pen by The Rock (on the same card) . I don't know how to add a pic here so might just lob it up on my FB page... thoughts anyone? Wave Eek Big Grin

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
so, here's my spanner in the works... I have a Mummy Returns promo card MR-1 from 2001, signed in blue marker pen by Brendan Fraser and in Black marker pen by The Rock (on the same card) . I don't know how to add a pic here so might just lob it up on my FB page... thoughts anyone? Wave Eek Big Grin

My instant thought is that it's a fake but who knows.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not enough information for any thoughts. Are you talking about a signed card you see or one you have? What's the back story, where did it get signed, etc?

Of course its possible that the autographs are genuine, but more likely not, if you just want the odds.

Oddly enough a single signed Rock (Johnson) item should be worth more than a dual signed one with Brendan Fraser because it will have higher demand. Unfortunately Fraser's career disintegrated. He has been barely able to find jobs in the last ten years or so, which makes his autograph more of a subtraction rather than added value.

It's the same concept as team signed baseballs vs. single signed star baseballs. If autograph collectors are after the star, they don't want to pay more money for the supporting players too. Or for non-sports, if you want a GoT signature of Lena Headey, her single signed card will go for more than her dual card with Asbaek, but less than if she signed with Dinklage. There are exceptions, but the general rule is that the value of multiple signed items is dragged down by the lower signers.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Curious to see it, link to facebook page??

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Brendan Fraser wore his body out doing too many stunts, but he made some entertaining movies.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Brendan Fraser wore his body out doing too many stunts, but he made some entertaining movies.

Yes, he's almost unrecognizable now, but the issue goes deeper than that. There were some vague rumors and he claimed no one would hire him. I wouldn't go into it, but he has gotten some bit work in bad movies lately. The Poison Rose with John Travolta is a terrible one. Something happened to the man. Frown