Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay question !!
 Login/Join

posted
I sold an item on Ebay Friday , the buyer paid for it Sunday and now he is asking for a refund saying he made a mistake he thought he was buying dvd's. Do I ship the item ( waiting for pick up )or will Ebay make me refund him ? This is the item I sold 231220760399.

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Your auction says and shows exactly what the item is, I don't see how ebay can find in favour of the buyer if he complains.

However, for a happy life, if you think you can sell your item again without problem do the refund.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you give the refund can you still get your seller fees back? I know you can if the buyer just decides to back our from paying but I'm not sure if that applies once they pay and then you refund the money. I as the seller would certainly not want to pay fees over buyer's remorse. That would be a deal breaker for me. I'm not sure if you can still do one of those "mutual agreement to end the transaction" things after the buyer has already paid. If you can get the final value fee wiped away, then I would give the refund and be done with it.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he sent me a message after he bid on the item , I would of cancelled the bid . But why pay and then ask for the refund ?
As for re listing the item no , there are so many up for auction .

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If you do go ahead and post it you know I'm sure that the buyer will say he never received it.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is the beauty of a tracking Number .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chriscarter101361:
That is the beauty of a tracking Number .

You'd be surprised how unreliable those numbers are, but he could always refuse delivery too.

It's hard to figure how anyone could honestly claim to think it was anything other than cards with that description and photo.

However the total cost was not high, is it really worth the argument to keep his money? He is sure to post negative feedback, or cry to eBay, or claim non-receipt and you could wind up losing your cards and have to refund the money in the process. Never say it won't happen, eBay does strange things.

Best to block further transactions with that buyer and terminate the sale. When you see guys who are playing games, you know no good will come of it. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I recommend find or check a method to refund and get your fees back. I believe there is an option in eBay.

You still have the card. Avoid any stupid action like ship something that somebody said to you don't ship. You can loose the card, the money, and pay the fees.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post