Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    New member with a Star Wars card set query
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New member with a Star Wars card set query
 Login/Join

Picture of Jim Sim
posted
Razz Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site and have been a collector of the Topps Star Wars cards for many years. I have a couple of queries about the 30th Anniversary set which came out back in 2007 which I hope someone on here can please answer for me.

Firstly, I remember reading around the time the set came out that Topps printed an autograph card all ready for Mark Hamill's signature sticker which wasn't included in the set. Is this true? If it is then does anyone have a picture of what the card looked like?

Secondly, I was wondering if NSU magazine printed an article about the set at all. I have issues containing articles about many of the Star Wars sets from Evolution in 2001 onwards but not about this set. I'd really like to order the back issue it featured in.

I hope that someone may be able to answer these questions for me.

Right, now back to reading through old posts in this great forum.

Jim.

Posts: 13 | Location: England | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay.

Volume 18, issue 4

I think this is the one you want, it is available to purchase in the store.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This checklist may help?

http://www.nslists.com/sw30.htm

This is really hard set to put together.

Harrison Ford only signed 10!!
Anthony Daniels signed 75
Carrie Fisher signed 75
Peter Mayhew signed 100
David Prowse signed 100

Plus lots of other tough pulls.because of the ford,they can only be 10 master sets.

I hope ive helped?

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Mark Hamill would have made this set perfect . It took me forever to get the Ford . Now i am just a few small ones from a master set .
John Dykstra
John Mollo
Lorne Peterson
Ken Reynolds
Phil Tippet
Someday it will be done !

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Not really related to cards but about star wars, I read the other day David Prowse never received any royalties from Return of the Jedi as the studio is cooking the books and claims it has yet to make any money.. hopefully David got a lot for signing the cards..

It's unbelievable, how does lucas sleep at night.. actually, probably on a pile of "now blinking" ewoks stuffed with cash..

Return of the Jedi: Gross profit: $475 million worldwide. Budget: $32.5 million. David Prowse, the actor who played Darth Vader in three of the films, claims he has not received royalties since the release of the film in 1983 because the studio claims that the movie lost money, and therefore can’t pay him.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Sim
posted Hide Post
Smile Thanks for the replies everyone. I've placed my order for the back issue of NSU magazine and am looking forward to receiving it.

Stargaterules - it sounds like you have a fantastic 30th Anniversary autograph card collection and it would be great to see a photo of your Harrison Ford card (if possible).

Posts: 13 | Location: England | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I have a pic of my 2 Ford auto's and my Fisher on the forums already Under topic Carrie Fisher Auto help in the general forum. Link is
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....4605353/m/3927046206
Believe me i want to get it done but can't get a good price on the ones i need . I was going to do just the actors but now my OCD is telling me to complete it ...ugh lol .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post