https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/5157056596

March 01, 2021, 03:45 PM
Tommy C
Ebay No Longer Using Paypal
See article

https://www.salehoo.com/blog/e...s-it-off-with-paypal
March 01, 2021, 05:00 PM
Tommy C
According to the article, if you want to use Ebay in the future, you will have to pay using a company based in Europe. Is this true ?
March 01, 2021, 05:16 PM
Heroes For Hire
Friends of mine that sell on ‘bay have been telling me that they’re going to be moving away from PayPal for a couple of years now.

From that article, seems like 2023 is the date.
March 01, 2021, 05:35 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
According to the article, if you want to use Ebay in the future, you will have to pay using a company based in Europe. Is this true ?

In the future, future. You can still use PayPal for a couple of years, although eBay may decide to speed it up if they can get most of the business moved to Adyen before that. Adyen is a big payment system, but I think its better known outside the US.
March 02, 2021, 03:15 AM
Neilsy
Its called ebays Managed payments. I was moved to the system a couple of months ago, I found it better than paypal. On the plus side you only get one set of fees the ones from ebay, instead of both ebays and paypals.
On the downside unlike paypal you cant buy anything with the money in your ebay account. Once a week they transfer the money from your ebay account into your bank. So if like me you sell some things you no longer want and then use the money to buy other things on ebay you do want, you now have to wait for the money to hit your bank account transfer it to paypal account and then pay with paypal!

On the really stupid side, if you buy online postage you can only pay for it with paypal not your ebay account. So someone buys your card and pays you postage to your ebay account, but you have to buy the postage through your paypal account, crazy.

If in future they allow you to keep an ebay balance and buy things with it that would be great.