Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    New 2020 Night of the Living Dead Cards!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2020 Night of the Living Dead Cards!
 Login/Join

posted
New NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD trading cards by Fright-Rags.com go on sale on Wednesday May 27th!

BASE SET - 81 Cards

40 movie cards
13 behind the scenes cards
8 character cards
5 ghoul cards
4 director’s cards
9 memorial cards
1 bonus card
1 checklist
STICKERS

9 puzzle piece stickers
AUTOGRAPH CARDS

5 surviving cast signature cards

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
http://www.imagebam.com/image/ef69dc1343532914

Here are the details:

BASE SET - 81 Cards
40 movie cards
13 behind the scenes cards
8 character cards
5 ghoul cards
4 director’s cards
9 memoriam cards
6 art parallel cards
1 bonus card
1 checklist
STICKERS
9 puzzle piece stickers
AUTOGRAPHS
Russ Streiner (50)
Judith O’Dea (50)
Kyra Schon (50)
Judith Ridley (50)
Marilyn Eastman (50)

Rare Chase Card
George Romero portrait card (25)

NOTLD - SEALED CASE
qty ordered: 275 (LIMITED)
Price: $120
features:
- 2 full sets of cards, parallel cards, and stickers
- 1 chase card (autograph or portrait card)
- 1 printing plate

NOTLD - FACTORY BOX
Open edition
Price: $35

features:
- full 81 card base set
- 2 random unique art parallel cards
- two stickers

NOTLD - SINGLE PACK
Price: $5
features:
- 9 cards
- 1 sticker
- randomly inserted chase card (autograph or parallel card)[IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh cool, where'd you find this? Ben Scrivens provided the above.

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:
Oh cool, where'd you find this? Ben Scrivens provided the above.

Who do you think I asked....LOL

answer: Ben Scrivens

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well... Thanks for the info!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autographs are less than one per case?

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Autographs are less than one per case?

When they say case they mean box. A bit confusing I know. So it looks like you get either one of the 250 autographs or one of the 25 George Romero portrait cards per box - plus a printing plate.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to sort this out, it looks like a master set would consist of:

--81 base cards (40 movie, 13 BTS, 8 character, 5 ghoul, 4 director's, 9 memorial, 1 bonus and 1 checklist)
--9 stickers
--6 parallel art cards
--5 autographs
--1 George Romero portrait card

Would ones best chances to build a master set be to buy several "cases" or one case and many wax packs?

It seems like the plates will ONLY be in a "case" but autographs and other chase cards are in the "box" and packs.

My apologies for what may seem like elementary questions. I usually don't break new sets!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Based on this info buy a case and then buy the autographs seperatly.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Generally your best chance if you want a do-able master, and you don't want to wait to build it yourself, is to contact a breaker and order it. It will probably cost more than if you picked up the individual cards yourself, but it will cost less than if you are randomly buying cases or packs hoping to find what you need. Also bulk buying will leave you will multiple cards you don't need, so you will have to be prepared to sell those yourself to recoup something or else its a just waste of money.

The only thing with this one is that it's more limited and less mainstream. I don't know how many dealers will be buying with the intention of breaking. There seems to be at least one on here that you could ask.

I have always found it easier and cheaper in the long run to just pick up a full set and as many hits in bigger lots as I can when I'm looking to complete something. Then go after the gaps if you still have them. The more random sealed boxes I buy the more value I lose on average because most average boxes are worth less than 40% of the SRP. That's just my estimate, maybe I'm unlucky. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Based on this info buy a case and then buy the autographs seperatly.

That's what I'm leaning towards but would prefer to buy more from Fright Rags than rando's on eBay. There's something not as fun about that. But it does seem to be the necessary way to do things if you're not a dealer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Generally your best chance if you want a do-able master, and you don't want to wait to build it yourself, is to contact a breaker and order it. It will probably cost more than if you picked up the individual cards yourself, but it will cost less than if you are randomly buying cases or packs hoping to find what you need. Also bulk buying will leave you will multiple cards you don't need, so you will have to be prepared to sell those yourself to recoup something or else its a just waste of money.

The only thing with this one is that it's more limited and less mainstream. I don't know how many dealers will be buying with the intention of breaking. There seems to be at least one on here that you could ask.

I have always found it easier and cheaper in the long run to just pick up a full set and as many hits in bigger lots as I can when I'm looking to complete something. Then go after the gaps if you still have them. The more random sealed boxes I buy the more value I lose on average because most average boxes are worth less than 40% of the SRP. That's just my estimate, maybe I'm unlucky. Big Grin

Thanks Raven, this is great insight and makes a lot of sense. I am inclined to buy several cases because I'm afraid what some will charge for some of these chase cards but at the same time, I figure I've only got a few folks I can resell or trade duplicate cards to. And with the Factory Box costing only $35 for a complete base card set plus a few chase cards, selling off duplicate base card sets will not be very profitable.

I'm looking forward to putting together a master set here though, it's going to be a challenge!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Johnny, a tip - google around for Fright-Rags coupon codes before you purchase. There's always numerous ones available for 10% off your order and every now and then I've seen codes for 20, 25, and even 30% off. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Product goes live at 10 AM EST.

Below is an Instagram link to the George Romero painting card. It is taken from a portrait by Brent Scotchmer and hand numbered to 25.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAqXqEZhRaX/

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip and link, Logan! This art card looks fantastic!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Down to 130 wax boxes left already. Half gone in around 8 hours.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Down to 130 wax boxes left already. Half gone in around 8 hours.

That's great! Where'd you hear that? I picked up two cases. It's nice to see some SP chase cards for NotLD. I say that now, before I'm short on a master set!

posted Hide Post
Oh and btw, I used your 10% off tip. What did you order, Logan?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:
Oh and btw, I used your 10% off tip. What did you order, Logan?

I didn't order any NOTLD cards but a few months back I ordered a bunch of Halloween boxes and SAW packs and was using codes like crazy. Big Grin I may still order some NOTLD before they sell out though, which will be fairly soon I think.

As far as seeing the total amount of cases left, just keep adding them to your cart (by hitting the plus button under "QUANTITY") and eventually it'll cut you off when you go over what they have left in stock. Right now there's 121 left.

posted Hide Post
I'm just one card away from a master set! How's everyone else doing?