Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Non-Sports Sales Sheets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sports Sales Sheets
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone. I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the demand for non-sports sales sheets from the 1990s and early 2000s? I have amassed a lot of these (we are talking thousands and thousands) over the past 20 years and have just been putting them in boxes. I came across them recently and was wondering if I should try to market them or if there is any demand. I looked on the Bay and it seems to be hit and miss. I was just kind of curious as to the expert opinions (experts being all card-talk members of course). Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Posts: 26 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to get them when I see them, especially if the set has a binder, then I would need it to complete the master set.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drofdarb:
I tend to get them when I see them, especially if the set has a binder, then I would need it to complete the master set.

I agree with drofdarb here, it's the completist in me. Big Grin

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I still need lots of them so please communicate with me. My email is under my profile Nonsports when you click on my alias name Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got loads in my collection and i really miss the fact that companies do not produce them anymore.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
definitely, I count these as part of any set I collect

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
I collect these as well and would love to see you market them.

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
If you decide to part with them, I would be interested in the Superman Platinum folder/sell sheets. Please email me.
Thank you.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Values can vary. Back when I first became a dealer, we were sent one sell sheet. That was it. I could find a great deal of interested parties for sell sheets and only one to offer them Wink
Around 1997, it became common to send dealers a stack and if you needed more, more could be had. Everyone still wants them, but supply easily outstripped demand. THere are expcetions of course AND my knowledge is limited pretty much to Trek Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
Hello if you have them I would be interested in ANY AND ALL of the Sell Sheets, Ad Sheets, Distribution/Fact/SKU Sheets, Promotional Sheets to: DC Skybox Death of Superman. DC Skybox Return of Superman,DC Skybox Skycaps POG, DC Skybox Superman Holo Set, Dc Bloodlines,Dc Skybox Villians,Dc Master Series. Thanks..

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use to collect these with my sets but as of a couple of years ago they seemed to disappear. Everything is digital these days.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i get them if I can - but I do not pay much cash for them

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for some old sell sheets. Go ahead and e-mail me if you decide to move some. Smile

Posts: 3 | Location: AZ | Registered: October 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I was not aware that companies did not produce sell (Sales) sheets anymore?!

I only have a few and purchase them 'as needed' for master sets.

With regards to the original question: If you have lots you wish to part with then go for it but make sure you're aware of what you're parting with if they're particuarly rare. Roll Eyes

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Speaking of particularly rare sell sheets, here is one of the very rarest sheets, the double sided one for Marvel Masterpieces 1996 from Fleer/Skybox.

It has an early version of the checklist with some differences from what was eventually released. I got it at the 1996 San Diego Comic Con from the Fleer/Skybox booth, and I was glad I did since I recently sold it for $120, despite it not being in perfect condition.

I like sell sheets, but I generally don't collect them especially when I can get enough for one to buy a couple of boxes of actual cards!

Anyway, before I sent it, I made big scans so that anyone who wants to print one out can at least have a copy of it for their collections, since real ones are so hard to come by.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice one. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post