Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question re: Kiss Donruss cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re: Kiss Donruss cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
I just obtained a set of the reissued/reprinted Series I Kiss cards made by Donruss in 1977-1978. I understood that any cards with the original drummer, Peter Criss, were replaced with cards of the new drummer, Eric Carr, or newer shots of the band members. However, I realized when checking these cards out that card number 13 was not changed, nor is it listed in the Vintage Card Guide as being replaced. Is there a replacement card for number 13, or is my set accurate?

Thanks for any assistance !

Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
I checked my set and it also has Peter Criss on the front of card number 13. The front of the card is the same as the original set, but the back is different.

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Ah, that explains it. Need to check my cards now. Thanks for the info!

Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
peter singing beth #13 was not changed

Posts: 91 | Location: ma | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I guess I am a little fuzzy on how they could re-issue a 77-78 set with a different drummer. I know the original members each own their character which is why they still get money for how the current band dresses. Any re-releases from the 70's would mean royalties for Peter Criss.

Posts: 4859 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post