Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X-Files Custom Booklet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files Custom Booklet
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all-

being a member of some other forums, I came across an extremely talented individual named Steve who does some amazing custom work. I decided as a birthday gift to myself to have him make me a custom X-Files booklet card as it is my favorite show of all time. I sent him the autographs and we emailed back and forth about the design and text and this is what we came up with- I think the end result was fantastic and would highly recommend Steve to anyone looking to do something like this.

thanks for the look and comments are welcome and appreciated.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Jealous X-Files fan here.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I will be in my bunk....

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
So the autograph cards are slid into pockets in the booklet pages?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he did as a cut auto . Very nice , would like to have that in my X-Files collection.

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the autos were cut from certified auto cards- for Duchovny and Anderson they were from the X-Files I Want To Believe set that Inkworks issued, Pileggi was from a different Inkworks X-Files set and the Davis was from The Outer Limits. I can post pics of the cards they were cut from if you like. They are not slid into pockets but rather embedded into the custom booklet similar to the booklet cards from companies like Topps and Upper Deck.

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It's a lovely display, but I do think some purists would be mortified by cutting the original cards up to make it.
Then again, those same folks don't like sticker autograph cards anyway, so it shouldn't bother them too much.

Anyway, you're the only person this needs to please. That said, I think it's awesome.

The fellow who made this could probably make and sell some nice custom ones leaving spots for the signatures as one of these would be a terrific thing to have signed should the holder be able to meet the people depicted in person.

One for the rock group Kiss would be great or a Simpsons one with Bart, Marge, Homer and Lisa are just a couple that I'd like, but there's a lot of nice "quad" groups of subjects these would be ideal for. Good stuff!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
part of what led me to do it was the fact that I thought that the stickers used for the I Want To Believe set were an absolute travesty- they actually look a lot better in this booklet then they did on the original cards. I happen to own the 10 case incentive dual auto from that set so I didn't really think too hard about cutting these up. The Davis I bought very inexpensively and the Pileggi I had a double of so basically it didn't really bother me in the slightest to do this. The person who put this together has done custom booklets involving the Goonies, Dukes of Hazzard among others as well as many sports booklets and his work is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for your comments!

Dave