Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Nimoy Dies
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
He was 83. RIP

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
A legend has left us. May his soul live long and prosper wherever he has gone.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this news. Nimoy was great to his fans and for the whole Star Trek universe. He will always be Mr. Spock, no matter who else tries to play the role.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. RIP Mr. Nimoy. I always loved this pic of Leonard with his son Adam:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nimoy was legend in the truest sense. Devastating news to many the world over. Frown

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
You will be sorely missed!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Very sad news.

Decided to clean up and add a bust to my collection of signed Star Trek busts today.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Very Sad. RIP Mr Nimoy. Will be missed.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Nimoy...

A True Legend

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I am also very sad about this.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, my favorite Nimoy memory isn't Star Trek exactly, but the time we all had to buy those ridiculous t-shirts to get the "free" LLAP autograph card. My shirt had large women dancing in the nude in a circle on it. (And no, I never wore it..., lol)

Thanks for the smiles Mr. Nimoy!

--Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
Honestly, my favorite Nimoy memory isn't Star Trek exactly, but the time we all had to buy those ridiculous t-shirts to get the "free" LLAP autograph card. My shirt had large women dancing in the nude in a circle on it. (And no, I never wore it..., lol)

--Chris

I was going to be ON that shirt, but I couldn't find my wig! Big Grin

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:

--Chris

I was lucky, I got mine when the option was a black shirt with LLAP on it Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
The LLAP shirts were not available when I ordered mine! Still, so glad I got the card, I think it's the best looking Trek card he signed.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I have a certain fondness for cards that require an extra *hoop* to jump through.
The LLAP card..the Sherry Jackson auto card...you've no idea the heart skipping emotion of having her call my house!! I even kept the phone number even though I would never ever use it Smile
The mid 90's were the best for that. Oh! Get to blockbuster, oh! Get to walmart! Know any canadians...I need me some cereal boxes!!!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I'm genuinely sad he will never again make a cool cameo in any future new Star Trek movie.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post