Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
A sketch card depicted in a sketch card

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/5057086236

December 05, 2013, 09:27 PM
prenz
A sketch card depicted in a sketch card
Really nice Disney Treasures, Chesspieceface! Must have been sweet to rip one of these from a pack Drool

One day if I'm so lucky I'd love to get my hands on a Disney Treasures sketch... fond memories of Disney World and all the characters Wink
December 05, 2013, 09:33 PM
chesspieceface
The only one that's mine is the Anna Lee of Dumbo. I wish I had more. They are among the hardest to find of all sketch cards, right up there with your treasury of Amazing Spider-Man Ultra sketches. I do know there is one collector who has a decent number of these Disneys. I wonder who has the most?

Those Temmings are truly exquisite. The artists for each series had to draw at least one card of the featured character for each series. Series 1 was Mickey Mouse. Series 2 was Donald Duck which these Temmings are from, including her amazing Sketch within a sketch. Series 3 was Winnie the Pooh. I think the featured card was usually hand numbered #1, so its a bit of a surprise to see the Ariel is #1. Wouldn't it be something if those two were found in the same pack.

December 06, 2013, 02:13 AM
Ryan Cracknell
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Ryan Cracknell's "Tradercracks" website used to have a blog entry that showed A LOT of the sketch cards, but I can't seem to find it now. I wonder if it still exists.

Is anyone familiar with the page I'm speaking of, or how to find it? I used google and bing and the search engine on his site, but no dice.

I had some major issues with my site on the host's end. In a nutshell, the folder with all my images was deleted so I have to go manually into each post to add them again. I MIGHT get around to it one day. Still ticked off 2 years later.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
December 06, 2013, 08:47 PM
jcschuur
I got mine out of 4 packs I bought back when the Disney Treasures 3 came out I have a Dale of Chip n Dale #2/12 Card # SC31 . The Artist was Yukimasa Iwata
Senior product Development Artist for Disney Japan SC31 Look 4 it soon on ebay for sale
February 15, 2014, 11:22 AM
IbDaToNeGuY
When were you planning on listing it as I've been waiting to see it and could be extremely interested .
February 16, 2014, 08:53 AM
steshell
I bought 2 boxes of series 1 and was lucky to find a Buzz Lightyear sketch in the first box I opened.

I still have it even though I was offered $400 for it at the time.

February 17, 2014, 02:57 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by steshell:
I bought 2 boxes of series 1 and was lucky to find a Buzz Lightyear sketch in the first box I opened.

I still have it even though I was offered $400 for it at the time.

Great to see you post again Thumb Up
February 28, 2014, 05:54 PM
IbDaToNeGuY
There's a Jiminy Cricket sketch on ebay right now . But man the price on that thing and it's not even colored in . Anyone on here have one they'd be willing to sell ?
March 01, 2014, 01:15 AM
chesspieceface
They will be tough to get anyone to give up. I won't sell mine, and I usually will sell pretty much anything, especially when the price is right like it is with these. I had one I sold around 7 years ago and I now greatly wish I still had that one, even though it sold for a lot.

They are just so hard to find, whether in the remaining unopened packs or on the aftermarket. I might be willing to trade mine, but it'd have to be for another Disney sketch.

Good luck!

March 02, 2014, 12:33 AM
IbDaToNeGuY
Which one do you have if you don't mind me asking ? Yeah I fell into the same problem a couple of years ago when I pulled one . Sold it on ebay fairly quick and wished I hadn't either .
March 02, 2014, 01:26 AM
chesspieceface
This one is mine. It's by Anna Lee and is from Series III.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

March 02, 2014, 12:08 PM
IbDaToNeGuY
Very nice . I pulled a Lilo & Stitch where she was giving Stitch a kiss . It wasn't in color like yours , but still pretty cool . I thought about trying to pick up a few more cases to try my luck at another sketch and I still need a film cel of the Rescuers . That was the only one I was missing after opening 2 cases lol .
March 02, 2014, 01:50 PM
chesspieceface
Yes, the "Rescuers" film card is very short-printed. I think the most common four are Bambi, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and Nightmare Before Christmas. I would say there are 6 of those made for every 1 Rescuers. There's probably 4 of the Mulan, Three Caballeros, Pocahontas, Winnie the Pooh, and Robin Hood for every 1 Rescuers, so I would say Rescuers was made at a rate of only 20% of the other nine, perhaps even a little lower.

Oddly enough, the Patch cards seem to be equally distributed, including the one of the Rescuers. I think they made the patch cards first, in equal quantity, and then made the film cards with what was left, and had much less Rescuers film left over than they had with the others to make those with.

August 20, 2015, 08:05 PM
chesspieceface
Beamer, would you put the image of the missing Lisa Temmings up again? I ran across someone who has the Ariel half of the kiss card. Obviously, they are hoping to find the Eric half, but they know it is a longshot. Still, I'd like to know what it looks like should I ever see the real one by some miracle
Thanks!

October 08, 2015, 11:03 AM
The Mouseketeer
Is there an online gallery of Disney Treasures sketches? Reading through this thread, I see that some people saved them, but I can't find anything that is publicly available.