Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GAME OF THRONES SEASON FIVE SKETCH CARDS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GAME OF THRONES SEASON FIVE SKETCH CARDS
 Login/Join

Picture of ferrerstuff
posted
What are the odds of pulling a sketch card from the Game of Thrones Season Five boxes? I pulled one today. The dealer I bought the box from said the sketch cards were one per case. Is that true?

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse still says TBD on the checklist.

But I think they are rarer than 1 per case as a customer of mine opened a case and did not get one.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Rittenhouse still says TBD on the checklist.

But I think they are rarer than 1 per case as a customer of mine opened a case and did not get one.

Ed

You would have thought they would know by now!!!! Shake Head

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion (after opening multiple cases) they were roughly 1 every 2 cases or so. I don't know the official odds.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

You would have thought they would know by now!!!! Shake Head

They know, that's why they won't say. Big Grin

There are certain products, GoT being one of them, which include sketches at such minimal numbers that to advertise them as part of the mix is almost disingenuous. To be sure they are in there, but as a card collector don't expect to find one.

With GoT, the sketch restrictions still prohibit character portrayals, so that somewhat lessens the impact for me. I love the sketches of dragons and even the White Walkers, which are to me more or less characters. However the scenic views, objects/weapons and rooms, although they may be well done, just don't interest me as much as a character likenesses.

Because the sketches are so limited they have pretty high prices when they do show up. Imagine if the artists could use actor likenesses and were paid to do enough of them to give you a chance at a pull!

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post