Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Custom Booklets of "Married with Children" and "The GOONIES"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Booklets of "Married with Children" and "The GOONIES"
 Login/Join

posted
I have been wanting to do an updated version of my first MWC booklet for a while now and recently had some time to commit to it. I remade all of the graphics over myself as I just wasn't competent enough the first time around. While I loved the initial design I want something a little different so I incorporated actor worn clothing into the booklet. While it''s not show worn, it fit very nicely into my design. All four autos were taken from the original booklet. I didn't mind the destruction as that was a much earlier build and my booklet making techniques were still just coming together.

My main incentive for remaking this booklet was the addition of Jeff Cohen's autograph poping up in Topps 75th. I was inspired to change up the booklet just a little making it my own. I did edit the front cover a little but left the backside as I was very happy with it. I recreated the inside graphics all together which was the only way I could add Chunk. I truly enjoyed this build as I did with the MWC booklet. Thanks for the look.

-Steve

Posts: 30 | Location: NEW YORK | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
superb, great job. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
MWC was one of my favorite shows (not counting the last couple of seasons). That booklet is fantastic!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not fancy putting in an Amanda bearse auto just there cheap and a regular in the show ,maybe a new booklet set to work on ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Good work.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, I like that they look very professional.

How do you get the holes cut for the autographs so perfectly?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Posts: 30 | Location: NEW YORK | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Beauties, for sure.
If you did want to make another Married with Children, you could have Marcy, her two husbands, Steve and Jefferson, and Griff, Al's co-worker at the shoe store and fellow founding member of "N.O.M.A.A.M."
And certainly, another Goonies with the older kids (and maybe Sloth) would be a nice one. There must be a decent number of John Matusak signed football cards out there.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Beauties, for sure.
If you did want to make another Married with Children, you could have Marcy, her two husbands, Steve and Jefferson, and Griff, Al's co-worker at the shoe store and fellow founding member of "N.O.M.A.A.M."
And certainly, another Goonies with the older kids (and maybe Sloth) would be a nice one. There must be a decent number of John Matusak signed football cards out there.

Thanks.

There's not much along the lines of "certified sticker autos" for those cast members much less material cards. The sticker autos work very well with my designs and keeping the windows in proprtion to each other.

If anyone is interested in commissioning a booklet for themselves give me a shout at Gucd231@yahoo.com

-Steve

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Amazing job!!! Oh please make me one of the Goonies custom booklets. That is my favorite.
I really want one!!! Could you email me?

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Amazing job!!! Oh please make me one of the Goonies custom booklets. That is my favorite.
I really want one!!! Could you email me?

Thanks.

Read post above for my contact as you did not leave one. I look forward to hearimg from you.

-Steve