Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ricky Jay
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
The James Bond Mission Logs set had a signed card of Ricky Jay, who was in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Does he appear on any other James Bond cards?

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was his first time signing cards for Rittenhouse Archives. He may appear on various base cards but would have to check.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
He may appear on various base cards but would have to check.

Yes, that is my question. Does he appear on base (or premium) cards in any earlier James Bond sets?

Other magicians who have signed NS cards include Penn & Teller (Babylon 5) and Harry Anderson (Leaf Pop Century). Are you aware of any base cards featuring these people?

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ricky Jay appears on base card #2 in the TND set.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Wolfie.

Now I've got to find one . . .

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Ricky was also in an episode of the X-files called "The Amazing Maleeni" that was during season seven so he might be on a base card out of that set to i would have to look.

Update: Looks like he might be on card 31 in the set I will look and scan a pic for you when I find my set.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much, but I already knew about the X-Files card. In fact, I was able to get a small blurb about it in one of the conjuring magazines (Genii, if you care) because I'm friends with the editor.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got to meet, and spend a little time talking with Ricky Jay last week at a magic history conference in Los Angeles. A very nice guy, and if you've read any of his books, he is just as interesting in person.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
I got to meet, and spend a little time talking with Ricky Jay last week at a magic history conference in Los Angeles. A very nice guy, and if you've read any of his books, he is just as interesting in person.

"Deceptive Practice" is one of my all time favorite DVDs. The man is a treasure.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed Ricky Jay in Tomorrow Never Dies and have his full-bleed auto card (he did a 40th style auto as well). You should check out the deleted scenes for the film where they had him throwing playing cards into people/things as a nod to his career as a magician.

He was great in his X-Files episode too.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post