Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Why so few Topps Boxes available at Philly Non-Sport Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why so few Topps Boxes available at Philly Non-Sport Show
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Was wondering why there are so few TOPPS boxes available at the Philly Non-Sport show compared to other companies like Rittenhouse or Cryptozoic. Most of the vendors have plenty of boxes for sale from Rittenhouse or Cryptozoic, but only a few from Topps. Considering that TOPPS seems to release a new Star Wars set monthly, it hit me that I rarely see boxes for any of these sets for sale. Is it that most of the TOPPS sets are geared toward the retail market (Walmart / Target). Also do vendors simply not carry as much of the TOPPS cards as other companies. Seem TOPPs is missing out on a potential market

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Maybe the dealers don't have stores.
Isn't it Topps only sells to bricks&mortar stores for the first year of release?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Can't speak for those that do the Philly Show, but you'll find plenty of Topps at my booth at shows I do.

Can't say why there are fewer, but it might be the dealers actually sell through what they order on Star Wars? Leaving them fewer to put out at shows.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Maybe the dealers don't have stores.
Isn't it Topps only sells to bricks&mortar stores for the first year of release?

I think you might have that confused with an old Upper Deck distribution policy that is probably revised by now.

Seems like I see some Topps titles, at least Star Wars, anywhere that carries cards. I guess certain show dealers may be partial to other manufacturers based on what makes money for them or what has just been released. Or maybe the latest Topps title is more likely to be sold out. It could just be a timing thing.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always find plenty of Topps boxes at the show. Confused

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post