Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Catch phrases

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4967069076

June 01, 2014, 06:24 PM
btlfannz
Catch phrases
I was just going through some old TV show and movie card sets and found that a number of shows had some catch phrases in them that made me smile. Here's a few that I always loved.
Andy Griffiths Show "See now, here's the thang"
Jaws (when the shark suddenly rears up behind the boat)"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
Happy Days (Fonzie looking in the mirror with a comb) "Heeeeyy!!"
Mork & Mindy "Shazbat!!"

What are your favourites?

June 01, 2014, 07:13 PM
chesspieceface
Columbo: "Well, there is one more thing..."
Welcome Back, Kotter: "Up your nose with a rubber hose!"

June 01, 2014, 09:42 PM
Don Norton
Cool Hand Luke: "What we got here is failure to communicate."
June 02, 2014, 08:47 AM
STCardGeek
Scott Bakula, Quantum Leap "Ohhhhh boy" (and variatons there-of)

June 03, 2014, 12:23 AM
Bill DeFranzo
Wilma!

No soup for you!

It's a cookbook!

Hey kids, what time is it?

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
June 03, 2014, 03:03 AM
btlfannz
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeFranzo:
Wilma!

No soup for you!

It's a cookbook!

Hey kids, what time is it?

I see, so now the thread is changed to which show was this quote from! Well the first one is clearly of the same origin as "Yabba dabba dooooo" but the others are a mystery?

I think we should confine the game to card sets of TV or Film only though.

Then there was "Lemme see dem semollias boy" or "Let's get this straight fool, I don't fly in no damned airplane not now, not ever"

June 03, 2014, 03:31 AM
chesspieceface
Those are all pretty well known in the US, but probably not so much elsewhere, but for the benefit of those outside America, those are from "Seinfeld", "The Twilight Zone", and "Howdy Doody Time", so all TV shows, in fact. There were never cards for Seinfeld, but the Twilight Zone has had 5 sets so far from Rittenhouse, and there may be a vintage Howdy Doody set from the 1950's when that show aired, but I'm not totally sure about that.

June 03, 2014, 10:21 AM
Bill DeFranzo
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Those are all pretty well known in the US

Dynomite! There were a couple of Howdy Doody series. One of the largest series of personality cards that spans multiple years was issued by the CECE. It is well over 240 cards. More than one features the Soup Nazi. (A stretch unless you are a promo collector).

Speaking of the CECE, I have a ton of extra promos from 2004, 2005 and 2006 free for the asking but with one stipulation. Let me know what year(s) you need, I will put them aside, now, for delivery at the next Philly Show in October. They include 3 different Larry Thomas.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)