Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Just pulled my first sketch card ever! In only the 17th pack I opened!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just pulled my first sketch card ever! In only the 17th pack I opened!
 Login/Join

Picture of James7
posted
Today I went and bought some more GPK flashbacks blisters. I got 11 blisters for a total of 22 packs. I had opened 12 packs previously. On the fourth pack of the ones I bought today I got double gold cards! Tanya Hide and Karate Kate. And then, on my 5th pack that I opened right after that, I GOT A TOM BUNK SKETCH CARD! It was such a rush seeing that edge of white, and knowing I had something special. Then I saw the sketch, drawn by Tom Bunk, one of the old school GPK guys, with his signature. I feel so lucky because sketches are only inserted in 1 out of every 469 packs. I don't know what the Garbage Pail Kid's name is in the sketch, it's a chef cooking himself in a pot. The only thing is the corners are not completely perfect, but I'd still say the card is at least in very good condition. I would post a picture of the sketch card, but have no digital camera at the moment.

I also got a green parallel Adam Bomb so far. I found out, because we were wondering in the other post, that the parallel Adam Bombs do not take the place of the other parallel in every pack.

Now to open the remaining 15 packs!

Posts: 34 | Location: USA | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! Congrats on a great batch of blisters and your 1st sketch!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James7
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I also ended up getting another gold card when I opened the rest of the packs, Ella P. Record.

This has been the funnest set of cards I've ever opened packs for. I love that there are so many chase cards and parallels, and that the base cards double as stickers. I only have two complaints with these sets. One, I wish the backs of the cards had more info instead of just being puzzle pieces. Two, the gold parallels should have some kind of anti-counterfeit measure.

I'm tempted to buy more, but I lack the money to spend and I think I should quit while I'm ahead.

Posts: 34 | Location: USA | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! Metal

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post