Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Big Pulls from Single Boxes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pulls from Single Boxes
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
There's always the thrill of the chase, but I'm curious to hear giggles from people who found a very rare card when they broke only a single box. Opening less than a boxfull of packs from an opened box also qualifies, and I guess we should give special bragging rights to anybody who struck gold from a single pack.

My single-box extreme was the Johnny Depp auto for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Clap

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Back in the mid-90's I bought a single pack of Sports Times's Marilyn Monroe. Inside was the diamond card (1:case). Collected the whole set after that!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bookman
posted Hide Post
Back in 1997 I bought some packs of Babylon 5 Special Edition at the local Toys R Us. In one of the packs was the
Mira Furlan unnumbered autograph card at 1in 720 packs. Clap Bouncey

Posts: 49 | Location: MARION IL. USA | Registered: May 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a single box of Iron Man at time of release and pulled a Downey Jr Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I think my best single box was Batman Begins. Pulled a Katie Holmes auto AND the Batman chest memorabilia! I did a happy dance after opening that box. Elephant

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
My last two single box purchases have been very good indeed.
A sketch card from The Tudors.
Michelle Fairley from Game Of Thrones Season 2

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
1st
Batman Begins - Gary Oldman auto

A distant 2nd
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Dominic Monaghan auto

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
1 box of Batman & Robin - Clooney & Arnie autos.
1 box of Van Helsing - Hugh Jackman auto.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when the first tomb raider came out a shop keeper had one box left out of a case my other half got it cheap Angelina auto inside .yesss
I bought 2 packets of trek at forbidden planet
shatner/nimoy auto.
bought from 2 open boxes in toys r us pulled 2 arnie autos.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, both of these are actually two box purchases but:

For a birthday gift to myself this year I bought two boxes of Skybox's Star Trek TOS Season 2 and pulled two DeForest Kelley A27 autos and a James Doohan A32 auto. Needless to say I was VERY happy that I spoiled myself.

Also, this year for OTB Day I opened two boxes of Trek TOS: Heroes and Villains and pulled a Shatner/Collins dual auto in one box and the Shatner single auto in the other.

Finally, last week I finally decided to buy a box of Trek TOS Remastered and I pulled a Nimoy/Barrett dual auto.

In short, I have had a really good card pull year Big Grin

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I would say you beat the odds, not with a stick, but with an atom bomb! Lucky you!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Daniel Craig for the first Bond release he signed for, and Angel season two the
Dru/Darla dual auto.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TDSA
posted Hide Post
Back in 2002 bought a box of Star Wars Attack of the Clones Widevision and pulled a Frank Oz/Yoda autograph card.
Then in 2007 I went to my local comic book shop and bought their last box of Transformers Movie Cards. I pulled the Megan Fox/Mikaela Banes autograph card. When I told the owner of the shop about the Megan Fox pull, he was pissed because he was a Megan Fox fan and he was going to keep the box for himself.
To this day I those two are my best pulls out of single boxes.

Posts: 163 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States | Registered: March 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I would say you beat the odds, not with a stick, but with an atom bomb! Lucky you!

Well, to be fair, I usually buy a box or two a month and save up for cards that I like that I don't pull, so I have plenty of examples of not beating the odds as well Big Grin

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TDSA:
Back in 2002 bought a box of Star Wars Attack of the Clones Widevision and pulled a Frank Oz/Yoda autograph card.

It wasn't from a single box, but I got my Frank Oz AOTC Yoda in the mail from Topps by using the "No Purchase Necessary" offer on the back of the pack wrapper from the one box I did buy, so that kind of counts. I love that card and what a delight it was getting that way, basically for cost of the 8 stamps on the envelopes I sent in!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
Many, many years ago I picked up a box of Batman & Robin while on vacation and pulled the Alicia Silverstone autograph. As a fan of hers back then, I was really excited to pull the auto.
Several years ago I bought a box of 2009 Star Trek The Original Series and pulled the William Shatner autograph as the Mirror Universe Kirk. I just stared in disbelief at it for awhile.

Now I hope to pull a Patrick Stewart auto one day. Smile

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My Best Autograph Pulls have been :
pulled an "Arnie" auto out of a half box of Terminator when Media Play was going out of Business Smile

Pulled a "Hugo Weaving" as Elron Autograph from LOTR pack , That was a real nice pull

I won 1 of the LOTR "Borimir" autographs from the mail in drawing , not bad for a SASE

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Never has a Big Pull from single boxes but I will keep trying Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I purchased a box of playing cards once and pulled three jokers instead of the expected two.

Wolfie beats the odds again. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years...

Angel Season 2 Darla/Dru Dual Autograph Card
Babylon 5 Special Edition Both hologram cards in one pack in my one box
Babylon 5 Season 5 Bruce Boxleitner auto
Dark Angel Jessica Alba auto
Farscape Season 1 Ben Browder auto
Lord of the Rings Fellowship Elijah Wood auto
Stargate S1 Premiere - Two Teryl Rothery autos in one pack
Star Trek Animated Series Cel Redemption
Xena Season 6 Renee O'Connor auto
X-Files Seasons 6&7 Gillian Anderson auto

I love opening a good box Wink

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post