Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    So! What's going on here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So! What's going on here?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Purchased a single lot of several 2008 UD Spectrum of Stars and decided to complete the set for the band Warrant.

I found Jani for much cheaper than either of these links but was wondering if I am looking at this correctly?

Is Hollywood Memorabilia directly linking to a cheaper Amazon sale in hopes of snagging the higher price and then purchasing at the Amazon price for its victim er I mean customer? There are two Lane cards set up like this through HM.

$126.75
https://www.amazon.com/Spectru...286567/dp/B073LXFXB6

$294.49
https://www.hollywoodmemorabil...labbed-83286567.html

I have a little experience with HM and I know they don't care if they sell fakes or not.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First -- are Jani Lane autos selling for this much now? If so holy ****.

Second is it possible that the Amazon link is the Amazon storefront from the Hollywood Memorabilia site with a mark up to cover the amazon fees (plus some extra)?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answered my own question -- recent Lane sales are less than that. Too bad or I'd sell mine :-)

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
First -- are Jani Lane autos selling for this much now? If so holy ****.

Second is it possible that the Amazon link is the Amazon storefront from the Hollywood Memorabilia site with a mark up to cover the amazon fees (plus some extra)?

I dunno that seems like a lot of fees. Wink

His stuff definitely went up after he died but I don't think I have seen it sell for some of the crazy prices being asked. They are just trolling looking for that one crazed fan!

That release in 2008 has some interesting history as Jani decided to return to the band in January and do a big time original members tour. The UD set came out in April and Jani was leaving the band again by September.

Pretty small window to work out a card set featuring all 5 members.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the older sets have really impressive autographs. I personally think Lane is undervalued, but that's just me. I am not a huge fan of the design of this set, but I admit I have a bunch of them. I had no idea about the Warrant reunion story -- thanks for sharing.

My favorite musician autograph is Axl Rose. When I saw it was a redemption I thought there was no way it would ever be fulfilled. I was happy to be wrong. I also love the Marilyn Manson autograph, but I wish it was a MM photo rather than his SOA character, but still a great autograph.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I really wouldn't know about Lane. That autograph card would have gotten by me I'm afraid, but since the link is there, I was wondering if many people buy non-sport sports cards thru Amazon sellers?

I go there occasionally, but never bought cards, and I really haven't taken much of a look at them, but it seems like just a lot of commons. Should I be checking it out regularly or is it a waste of time?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I really wouldn't know about Lane. That autograph card would have gotten by me I'm afraid, but since the link is there, I was wondering if many people buy non-sport sports cards thru Amazon sellers?

I go there occasionally, but never bought cards, and I really haven't taken much of a look at them, but it seems like just a lot of commons. Should I be checking it out regularly or is it a waste of time?

Can't say I have purchased from Amazon, I think Ebay still holds best for comparison shopping. If Ebay just has one or two of what you are looking for it couldn't hurt.

It's kind of tough pulling complete bands through authentic cards so it's cool to put em together when I can. So far I have Twisted Sister, Warrant, 311 and The Beach Boys. Smile