Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Your top 10 wanted boxes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your top 10 wanted boxes
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
1. LOTR Fellowship of the Ring-hobby.
2.Tomb Raider(Cradle of Life)
3.LOTR Masterpieces
4.Star Wars Heritage
5. Star Trek 25th Anniversary
6.Star Trek 40th Anniversary
7.any Harry Potter hobby boxes
8.Donruss Americana
9.any SG1 hobby box
10.Terminator 2-hobby box
Big Grin
This is just what I could think of in 5 minutes. Elephant

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine1:
Yo Damian,you want a famke jannseen auto?Why don't you just buy an x-men 1 box and try and pull her auto out of there?

no i must have it from dangerous liaisons

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
i felt like buying a lotr fellowship hobby box
but then i saw the price they where asking (350.00$)so now i must have one for cheap
or free

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like a star wars hertige hobby box to but there so much money.If I ever see any packs layin around for sale then i'll buy them.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Here's my top 10 in no particular order (all hobby boxes where appropriate): 1.Star Wars Heritage 2.LOTR FOTR 3.Complete Star Trek Voyager 4.Complete Avengers 5.Santa Around The World Premier 6.Santa Around The World:Santa & Snowflakes 7.Santa Claus:A Nostalgic Art Collection 8.James Bond 40th Anniversary 9.Serenity 10.LOTR Evolution (and I'd also like 11.The Monkees & 12.Miller Genuine).

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
i felt like buying a lotr fellowship hobby box
but then i saw the price they where asking (350.00$)so now i must have one for cheap
or free

I got into the hobby just after these were released. A case of these would have been fine.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Here's my 10 boxes 1Big Grinisney's The Black Hole 2:Spawn The Movie 3:Star Wars 3Di 4:Star Wars Finest 5:Star Trek Animated Series 6:Robot carnival 7:Gundam Wing 8Big Grinisney Treasures series 1 9:Spiderman 1997 10:Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's my list:
1.LOTR Fellowship hobby
2.X-Men 1 hobby
3.Crocodile Hunter
4.Star Trek TOS 1
5.Twilight Zone 1 & 4
6.Star Wars 30th
7.Star wars Evolution
8.Star Trek TOS 40th
9.Dark Angel
10.Spider-Man 3

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Lots of card sets out there I did not do..... Money was the main factor Frown
An archieve box from Rittenhouse archieve.....
That would be awesome!!!!! (Any set)
Hot boxes Smile
Some Dawn Boxes as I missed those ones Frown
There are lots of boxes out there Smile

KADRAN00157

hey, sorry if this sounds really silly, but can someone define what an 'archive box' is relative to a normal box of cards?
im assuming they are the 'hobby' versions of boxes containing the autos etc. do all sets come in achive and normal?? Confused

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:

hey, sorry if this sounds really silly, but can someone define what an 'archive box' is relative to a normal box of cards?
im assuming they are the 'hobby' versions of boxes containing the autos etc. do all sets come in achive and normal?? Confused

Rittenhouse Archives is the only company to put archive boxes out. They are found in hobby cases. Some are marked on the outside for the dealers and some are marked on the inside for the customers to find.

They usually contain a base set, all the insert cards and if there are autos and/or costume cards, they will all be there. For example: DC Legacy had 55 sketch cards in them. Five that you can only get from archive boxes. Out of 10,000 boxes, I think there were only 40 or so that were archive boxes! Hope this helps. Wave

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
very helpful thanks!
Wavey
wow, so you could get a box and it would contain all chase cards for the set!! that is a real find for anybody!!

what is the best archive box/set that anyone has been lucky enough to open??

if its marked on the outside, surely these would only be kept/opened by the dealers?

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
1.x-men 1 hobby box
2.star wars heritage hobby box
3.star wars evolution update hobby box
4.x-men 3 hobby box
5.batman begins hobby box
6.family guy season 1 hobby box
7.family guy season 2 hobby box
8.spiderman 3 hobby box
9.halo hobby box
10.crocadile hunter hobby box

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, what I'd love:

1) Star Wars 30th hobby box <$85
2) Harry Potter Goblet of Fire hobby box
3) Star Wars 30th hobby box <$85
4) Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban hobby box
5) Star Wars 30th hobby box <$85
6) Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix hobby box
7) Star Wars 30th hobby box <$85

JF
8) Buffy Memories hobby box
9) Star Wars 30th hobby box <$85
10) Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone hobby box

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
what is the best archive box/set that anyone has been lucky enough to open??
This question might be better addressed & answered in a new thread. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Top 10 boxes?
1) Any Disney Treasures box with ANY sketch in it Smile Preferably a Holiday Treasures box with a Holiday Treasures sketch (not asking too much?)
2) Stargate SG1 Premiere Edition
3) ST:TNG Profiles - considering how many autos I still need from that set
4) Marvel Creator's Collection 1998 (anything that's not an AIM sketch)
5) Star Wars Heritage - I still think I like that best of the recent proliferation of SW boxes

ok - couldn't come up with 10, so I'll take 2 of each Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
If the Box Fairy is making deliveries (except for Archive/Hot boxes)...here are my choices in no particular order....

Buffy Season 1
Buffy Season 2
Marvel Masterpieces 1996
Dark Angel
Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life
LOTR FOTR Hobby
LOTR FOTR Retail
Star Wars 30th
Star Wars Herritage
LOTR Masterpieces

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
top 10, good question.

1) Xena beauty and brawn
2) Xena Dangerous Liasions
3) Alias season 1
4) Serenity
5) Firefly
6) Jericho
7) Xena Topps (the series that had the autographs)
8) Quotable Xena
9) Any Farscape
10)Any Lost

Granted, I haven't opened half of these boxes, but they sure are the ones I want to open (or re-open).

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seegriffin
posted Hide Post
I... uh can't limit myself to just 10 Shake Head, soooo....

Big Grin Inkworks top 10:

Charmed Power of 3
Alias Season 2
Veronica Mars Season 2
Lost Season 1
Serenity
Scooby Doo 2
Smallville Season 5
Smallville Season 4
Smallville Season 2
Angel Season 2

Big Grin Topps top 10:

Dark Angel
Xena Season 2
Xena Season 3
Xena Season 1
Star Wars Evolution (2001)
X Files Season 2
X Files Season 1
Lord of the Rings Chrome Trilogy
Vampirella Visions of
Dare Devil

Big Grin Other Companies top 10:

Marvel Masterpieces 1996
Final Fantasy Art Museum 5th Edition
Spawn Chromium
Dawn 15th Anniversary
The Crow
Julie Bell Cardz
Terminator 3
Best of Boris (Comic Images)
Boris with Julie (Comic Images)
Strokes of Genius (Comic Images)

Big Grin Rittenhouse top 10:

James Bond Women in Motion
Xena Beauty & Brawn
Xena Season 6
Battlestar Galactica Season 2
James Bond Dangerous Liasons

& erm Roll Eyes......

Posts: 279 | Location: UK | Registered: August 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
This thread was a great idea as my wife has used it to help with my Christmas presents! She says that she has got me 2 of the boxes on my list, and has her eyes on a couple more. Thanks ConfusedBoy. Thumb Up My advice would therefore be to accidently leave your top 10 most wanted list post where a loved one (or any other prospective present buyer) might stumble across it. All you then have to do is sit back & wait for a very Merry Christmas. Good luck.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
no problem justm, your very welcome Big Grin

As a new collector, I was curious as to what boxes people are still chasing that they've never had the chance/money to get Big Grin

shame I don't have anyone Shake Head except me dealer chasing me boxes

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post