Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Your top 10 wanted boxes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your top 10 wanted boxes
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
This thread was a great idea as my wife has used it to help with my Christmas presents! She says that she has got me 2 of the boxes on my list, and has her eyes on a couple more. Thanks ConfusedBoy. Thumb Up My advice would therefore be to accidently leave your top 10 most wanted list post where a loved one (or any other prospective present buyer) might stumble across it. All you then have to do is sit back & wait for a very Merry Christmas. Good luck.

wow.. good for you, justm! Thumb Up

My hubby had gotten my Witchblade seam variant card the same way... this whole forum is great. Big Grin

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I have ten boxes that I want but right off hand-

Witchblade/Top Cow 1996

Witchblade: Disciples of the Blade

Witchblade Millenium

Strokes of Genius

Marvel Masterpieces 2007

DC Legacy

Charmed Season One

Buffy Memories

and that's it so far Wink

DareDevil

The Crow

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seegriffin
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread was a great idea as my wife has used it to help with my Christmas presents! She says that she has got me 2 of the boxes on my list, and has her eyes on a couple more...

Looks like you'll have to update your top 10 after Xmas Big Grin

Posts: 279 | Location: UK | Registered: August 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Good topic.

- Marvel Masterpieces 1996
- Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (have bought one, but so many chase cards)
- Angel Season 5
- Sandman (Neil Gaiman)
- Star Trek Movies (2007)

Hmmm, that's it for now. There's some upcoming ones I want, but I've gone for ones out now or in years past.

Thumb Up

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seegriffin:
quote:
This thread was a great idea as my wife has used it to help with my Christmas presents! She says that she has got me 2 of the boxes on my list, and has her eyes on a couple more...

Looks like you'll have to update your top 10 after Xmas Big Grin
I've already got my eyes on some of the New Year releases. Cool I've got another 2 myself (I did check first-they were Christmas ones so knew they'd be o.k.) - 6 to go!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1.) Dark Angel
2.) Dark Angel
3.) Dark Angel
4.) Dark Angel
5.) Dark Angel
6.) Dark Angel
7.) Dark Angel
Big Grin
8.) Buffy Season 1
9.) Buffy Season 2
10.) Charmed Power of Three

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bealay:
Good topic.

- Marvel Masterpieces 1996
- Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (have bought one, but so many chase cards)
- Angel Season 5
- Sandman (Neil Gaiman)
- Star Trek Movies (2007)

Hmmm, that's it for now. There's some upcoming ones I want, but I've gone for ones out now or in years past.

Thumb Up

I have a case of BSG Season 2 sitting in my card closet... can't figure out what to do with it (I already opened one case, and I have a master set of Season 2).

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
give a box through Secret Santa. I'm sure everybody will be pleased with it.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
mine would definitely be for opening...

buffy seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and connections. Drool plus any/all harry potter sets. i would also love to get the new heroes box but i just keep reading about all of the collation problems and not sure if i want to bother. Frown

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Got one thing off my list at least. :P

1) Star Wars 30th Hobby <$90
2) HP Prisoner of Azkaban hobby <$100 (why do these sell for so much?!)
3) HP Sorcerer's Stone Artbox hobby
4) Star Wars Clone Wars hobby box
5) Heroes hobby box
6) Family Guy Star Wars box
7) Buffy Memories hobby
8) BSG Season 1
9) BSG Season 2
10) Star Wars 30th hobby <$90

That which are not out yet, but I still want:

1) Indiana Jones Heritage hobby
2) Marvel Masterpieces 2

Edit: #3 won tonight! Now I need something else. :P

JF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JediFarfy,

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Four on my updated list would be the 4 Heroes boxes I'm STILL waiting for!!! (Aaaaaargh!!)

Assuming (?) that they'll arrive soon & considering I got quite a few of the items on my last list for Christmas, here's my shiny new updated list:

1) LOTR FOTR hobby
2) Complete DS9
3) Complete Avengers
4) Star Trek Nemesis (which I'll get when I get around to it)
5) Serenity
6) Lost season 3 (ditto getting around to it)
7) Farscape Through The Wormhole
8) Star Trek Voyager Profiles
9) Red Dwarf (like I'll be able to find one!)
10) Complete Babylon 5

I'm amazed how different this is to my list of a couple of months ago. Time & tastes move on I suppose.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justm,

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JediFarfy:
2) HP Prisoner of Azkaban hobby <$100 (why do these sell for so much?!)

I suspect it has to do with the Julie Christie, Gary oldman and Emma Watson autos plus some of the scarcer prop cards.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
The only boxes of older sets I be after are Marvel Creators Collection (1998) and Marvel The Silver Age (1998)- 1 auto and 1 sketech per box.

The Siver Age set had a list of artists (mostly) to make an old fanboy's heart go thump.
Just looking at that list (thanks to allender for the link) and how many cards each artist did, I'm gutted that I never got one by John Romita Sr.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
I don't know if I have ten boxes that I want but right off hand-

Witchblade/Top Cow 1996

Witchblade: Disciples of the Blade

Witchblade Millenium

Strokes of Genius

Marvel Masterpieces 2007

DC Legacy

Charmed Season One

Buffy Memories

and that's it so far Wink

DareDevil

The Crow

I have an extra box of Witchblade: Millenium, FT

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The boxes I would like are;

SkyBox Trek TOS 1 or 2
SkyBox TNG Profiles.

Then again, any un-opened box as I just like opening boxes. I find it difficult to believe other members have un-opened boxes in their collection as I could not resist. (Resistance is Futile)

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I find it difficult to believe other members have un-opened boxes in their collection as I could not resist. (Resistance is Futile)

I had boxes of Buffy Season 4, 6 and 7. I've master sets of all those so leaving them unopened is easy. They're worth more sealed than opened and collated.
When I was more newer to collecting unopened boxes in my collection were unheard of. Now I've been doing it for quite a few years the novelty has worn off and I can leave them unopened for as long as it takes to sell or trade them.

I can't think of 10 boxes, only Supernatural Seasons 1 & 2. Sure, I got cases of both but more would be great (cases or boxes) as with both I'm one or two cards off master sets...not including those horrid multiple case incentives.
Lord Of The Rings Evolution is another. Three. That's all I can think of.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Whatever the next new release is!!!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What if the question was: WHAT BOXES ARE YOU HORDING?

Here's a few of mine:

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Nice Chris, excluding the Marvel Legends, are you collecting pairs of two for your Ark?
Thumb Up

Bryan

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlpn1fan:
Nice Chris, excluding the Marvel Legends, are you collecting pairs of two for your Ark?
Thumb Up

Bryan

LOL - yes - I also have 2 DC LEGACY.
This is so if I MUST break one in the future, I have a back-up sealed. Razz

@Sketchcards on Twitter