Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Status of the new MYSTERY BOX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Status of the new MYSTERY BOX
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
I was warned early on about this by a few other folks, so I already feel silly passing this on to you all….

This is an open apology to EVERYONE who was waiting to participate in the Mystery Box.

I have deliberately avoided this thread that I started because I’m already feeling very embarrassed about the fact that I feel too overwhelmed to continue with this. I have decided in lieu of my two jobs (military, teaching in a junior high), a looming custody fight with my ex-wife, and a few other issues in my family related to serious illness that I cannot handle the extra weight of putting together a Mystery Box for everyone. I hope I’m not leaving anyone on the hook as a result, but if people are waiting, I need to respectfully, quietly bow out for now because shortly after I started this conversation, some major curve balls were thrown at me – one of which stands to cost me thousands of dollars and a LOT of tears. I feel dumb because I don’t think I thought this through beforehand.

I am so very sorry for getting any of your hopes up and I hope you all forgive me. I encourage anyone else to check with Harris first and get his permission to do this, if any of you so inclined.

I want to also make it crystal clear that this decision, and my subsequent embarrassment, is mine alone and no-one else should be blamed.

Thank you for understanding and again...... I’m very sorry
Geoff

Question:
N/A

Choices:
N/A
N/A

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Hope to hear back feedback soon!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that Eek

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackholeman
posted Hide Post
Hope we can all enjoy the fruits of your much-appreciated labors soon! And good luck with the kiddo's this year...my boys just entered 4th and 3rd grades!

Posts: 150 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Interesting questions...

Not sure any of them have any bearing on whether a box will be properly handled or not, judging from previous experience.

TCG Chase? Really?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Interesting questions...

Not sure any of them have any bearing on whether a box will be properly handled or not, judging from previous experience.
Ed

As Groucho Marx once said, "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members". Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but if you use a small flat rate box itll be the same price for almost all states. Thumb Up

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
This is being bumped so everyone can see my new message at the top of the thread.

Picture of blackholeman
posted Hide Post
No worries on my end, sir! Hope the personal life works out for the best, and keep your head up!

Posts: 150 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackholeman:
No worries on my end, sir! Hope the personal life works out for the best, and keep your head up!

Thank you!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't give this a second thought - a mystery box is not as important as family or health. Our thoughts & prayers are with you at this time.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post