Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Quotable Deep Space Nine Sketch Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotable Deep Space Nine Sketch Cards
 Login/Join

posted
I've just received my first ever sketch card in the post... oh, so pretty... but I'm wondering about which other cards make up this set.

The voice in the back of my head, which I usually trust when it comes to cards, says to trust what's on wixiban.com, but I just want to be sure.

Wixiban has 4 different ones listed: Defiant, Runabout, Deep Space Nine and DS9 & Runabout.

However, Jeff Alender's checklist mentions a Cardassian ship. Does this one exist?

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
It's one of the few places that Jeff is wrong. He has:

David Day: Station over wormhole
David Day: Defiant emerging from wormhole
Dan Day: Cardassian ship
Dan Day: Defiant

It's actually:
Station / Wormhole (David Day)
Station / Runabout (David Day)
Defiant (Dan Day)
Runabout (Dan Day)

I think someone thought the Runabout was actually the Defiant and then interpreted the Defiant as a Cardassian ship. At one stage all four sketches were separately scanned and labelled on the Rittenhouse website and that's where I got my information from when I realised the inconsistency a couple of years ago. However, the general advertising is still there and show all four: here

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
the general advertising is still there and show all four: here

And that's the same as the scans on Wixiban.

The moral of our tale: trust Wixiban!

Thank you!

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Sketchcards are great, aren't they. I've been bummed RA hasn't done any Trek ones in awhile. It's ahrder with the trek liscense, they won't allow any variants or creativity. Stick to the one approved or else. Taks a smidge of the art out of it.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post