Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superman Card help
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
hello everyone, hoping someone can provide me with some insight. I have an uncut Spectra Printers Proof set with 6 sets of the Spectra Etch Superman inserts. I believe the cards are from 1994. I am not a card person (my aunt used to work at Skybox and gifted me the item way back when). could someone help with any further info about the set and possibly a value to place on it?

thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: NC | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Welcome to Card Talk!

Valuing sheets like this is difficult as they are uncommon, but I also don't think there are a huge number of people collecting them.

Is this the sheet you have:
https://www.fourcolorcomics.co...=describe&id=2080656

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hey Jon,

thanks for the quick reply. Yes that is the sheet I have. Mine is framed and I believe the color squares on the right side have been trimmed off to make it fit.

-Will

Posts: 3 | Location: NC | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is the sheet blank on the back or is it printed? If the sheet was trimmed, that would hurt the value but someone who is a serious DC/Superman collector might still like it as a display piece.

quote:
Originally posted by wgjohnson:
hey Jon,

thanks for the quick reply. Yes that is the sheet I have. Mine is framed and I believe the color squares on the right side have been trimmed off to make it fit.

-Will

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I assume it was blank on the back, I took it out of the frame to photograph the back as well and it is attached to the foam backer.

-will

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately having it trimmed and mounted would really hurt it's value from a collector's perspective.

It is hard to know what someone would pay for it as a display piece.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post