Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps vs Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
So Mr. Stan Lee has popped up on the guest list and I have decided to do the VIP thing for me and my son. I have also decided to get my first appearance of Punisher Spiderman comic signed......and possibly my Mall Rats poster. Big Grin

Recently I have been re-reading some of the old Marvel Star Wars comics and wondered which company would get the approval if they ever decided to produce a set based on the imagery and story lines from those first 107 issues?

I have seen a couple of Star Wars cover items from Topps but everything related to Marvel was removed.

Posts: 4852 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Right now UD has the license for Marvel associated titles in cards, so I doubt TOPPS would bring out anything that might look like a conflict. Marvel and Disney are two companies that are very protective of their copyrights and everyone knows it.

Posts: 10390 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
As much as I hate UD I have to admit that their Marvel Comic stuff is pretty nice. I think it would be kind of cool to have a Marvel Star Wars release that isn't Topps.

A first issue cover card signed by Roy Thomas and Howard Chaykin would be sweet!

Posts: 4852 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post