Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cryptozoic Wants Your Feedback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Wants Your Feedback
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted
Hi All,

We already have a number of trading card projects in the works but I wanted to give you a chance to let us know what you would like to see in the future.

Follow the link and let us know what trading cards you would like to collect.

Give us your Feedback!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to participate.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Done, hope it helps. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Plus they are giving away free SWAG to winners selected from those who post responses to their questions!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting stuff on Facebook. . .

Not sure who Crytozoic's fans are, but clearly they aren't well educated on non-sport cards. . .

Obviously this is an opportunity. . . but . . .would these fans really interested in non-sport cards, or just the prospect of winning swag. . .

Hmm. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
To echo what Jon said, it's amazing some of the answers being given. Stargate and James Bond, are there not cards for these already?

Obviously this proves that non-sport cards are not being throughly marketed. I'll note that Bond and Stargate have both been hobby only products, so that limits the exposure quite a bit.

Maybe the simple fact that Cryptozoic is going to do trading cards will get some of the gaming people to investigate further. But that's relying on people to find us. There really needs to be a push to go out and find those people. Not sure where to start though. Not like there's a lot of gaming magazines around anymore...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
People just are not aware of non-sports cards, as this simple poll shows very clearly. I think it also indicates that NS Cards COULD be much bigger, if the overall awareness of products was greater, but that would take a lot of investment and intercompany cooperation which makes it unlikely.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I saw this too. With Cryptozoic's history in TCG's, they bring a lot of gaming fans to the table. I think it's great (and impressive) that they got such a good response.

As Ed says, if they can bring some of these fans in with their new licenses, those fans may also want to collect Stargate, Spartacus, and Buffy once they realize they're available. A win-win, so I hope it happens!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and put up a laundry list from the "Shows we would like to see" line we have going some have been done some not..nice to see them asking for input.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi,

We definitely have a lot of gamers (about 12,000 on our WOW TCG FaceBook page) that are fans of what we do, so I'm not surprised by the confusion. Smile

I agree with your observations too and it is telling that many of these people who are definitely tuned-in to pop culture aren't currently aware of what's going on in our hobby.

Our philosophy is that we have to constantly be working to bring new or lapsed people into whatever category we are involved in. In the end that's good for everyone. For example, we plan on promoting our trading cards at all the events we do, not just non sport and comic shows. Everything we do touches on pop culture and there is a lot of crossover between groups that appear to be fairly separate but in most cases have very similar interests.

Anyways, that's the philosophy we have, it's not easy but we have had success with it and will give it our best for non sport too.

Sorry to ramble but this is something I'm pretty passionate about.

Thanks.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Scott, keep up the good work. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
FYI - we posted the name of the random winner to the poll today.

Cryptozoic Facebook Page

Have a good weekend!

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:

Cryptozoic Facebook Page

Have a good weekend!

Cool! Someone here is going to be happy. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:

Cryptozoic Facebook Page

Have a good weekend!

Cool! Someone here is going to be happy. Big Grin

Surprised and happy. Smile

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you Alan. Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Awesome that someone here won! Congrats!

I thought that was an interesting list and will keep an eye on Cryptozoic in hopes of some fun sets!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post