Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEXT ZOOM MEETING
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted
G'day everyone, hope this finds you safe and well...
Albert (Promoking) who regularly hosts the Promo Card Zoom Meetings has asked me to step in this time as he has a very busy schedule.
So, what time and date would suit most people..?
Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'd like to join in but most are early morning UK time

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cardscout,

I think the best way is for you to offer a time that is best for you, the host, and then see who can meet up at that time. The way it has gone before is that maybe 5-6 members have been able to join with people dropping out and in across the meeting. We might get more Australians and maybe more Europeans this time. Different mixes would be good and it might get more people to try to get in on the meetings.

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
G'day everyone, hope this finds you safe and well...
Albert (Promoking) who regularly hosts the Promo Card Zoom Meetings has asked me to step in this time as he has a very busy schedule.
So, what time and date would suit most people..?
Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cats, I was thinking that today. I'll work out a time for next week and see who shows up... Metal Wavey Thumb Up Sheep Elephant Clap

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Adrian any time is ok for me
I would suggest that Sun PM as most people on the otherside would be in a Sat
wich would probably see most people not at work
But anytime for me

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

I always thought the weekend would be better for most people but some are busier on the weekend, and no matter what day or time, there can be some last-minute thing to mess up what had been a great time to get on a call. Even if it's around 11pm my time (Pacific Daylight Time), I will try to join in.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Hi Adrian any time is ok for me
I would suggest that Sun PM as most people on the otherside would be in a Sat
wich would probably see most people not at work
But anytime for me

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Thanks Piko and Cats. I'll set it up for next weekend. Time and Date TBC Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Next Zoom meeting discussing Promo Cards will be the weekend after Easter. So, Sunday 24th April
8am Sydney Time (Sun)
3pm Los Angeles (Sat 23rd)
11pm London (Sat 23rd)
6pm New Jersey (Sat 23rd)
5pm Dallas (Sat 23rd)
10am Auckland (Sun 24th)
4pm San Jose, Costa Rica (Sat 23rd)

Log in codes will be available shortly, send me a message on FB Messenger if you want the Log-in Codes sent to you? Look for Adrian Cook in Sydney Australia

Hope to catch up with lots of friendly faces and some new ones Wavey Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Adrian I do not use Facebook
Can you send me the codes to my E Mail it is in my profile
Ill b there
Thanks

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
No worries Rosso, Will send it soon. How's the weather in the land of the long white cloud !?? Wave

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day everyone, just trying something a little different this time around... Using Microsoft Teams for our online catch up.
  • Date: 24 Apr 2022
  • Time: starts at 8:00 am (Sydney time - please see conversion below).

To join the meeting, here is what you need to do:
  • Click this link to join online: https://teams.live.com/meet/9553223338380
  • Select "Join via web"
  • Make sure your camera is on lol
  • Sit back and enjoy

If you need, here is a link with instructions to join online for your convenience. Join a Teams meeting (microsoft.com)

Any issues, contact me.
    --
    Time conversion:
    8am Sydney Time (Sun)
    3pm Los Angeles (Sat 23rd)
    11pm London (Sat 23rd)
    6pm New Jersey (Sat 23rd)
    5pm Dallas (Sat 23rd)
    10am Auckland (Sun 24th)
    4pm San Jose, Costa Rica (Sat 23rd)
  •  

Picture of stevesaunders
    posted Hide Post
    Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for setting this up. I’m going to try to make the meeting.
    Steve

Posts: 13 | Location: North Chatham, MA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of cardscout182
    posted Hide Post
    cool, thanks Steve, be nice to meet you...

Gold Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    I missed the meeting. I was on the road earlier in the day and thought it started at 4pm my time but it was 3pm. I still tried to log on around 415 but the meeting must've been over by then. How did it go? What were the topics?

Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of cardscout182
    posted Hide Post
    No problem Cats, meeting was a small but enthusiastic group of 3...Andrew from New Jersey and Ross from New Zealand and myself. Topics ranged from current holy grail pertaining to the last 5-10 years, unexpected garage sale finds and the crazy price of some promos at the moment. The meeting went for over an hour and a half. Andrew mentioned that he re-booted his TEAMS viewer and he came through loud and clear.
    We also touched on the Philly and Chicago show promos...also the price of petrol at the servo.
    I'll try and arrange another meeting in a few weeks and give everyone time to prepare. Thumb Up Metal

quote:
    Please, a little respect. For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots.

Gold Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Oh man, I'm sorry I missed it. I hope you guys feel free to continue that conversation either here or in another thread. What were the holy grails? That's always fun to talk about especially after you find one and then something else becomes the grail or maybe something else becomes more desirable because you saw it in someone else's collection or you saw it in the Completed Listings online.

Yeah, some promos have sold higher than usual. Last month, I saw a Spider-Man: McFarlane Era promo (Comic Images, 1992) sell for $26 with 4 bids. Some card collectors might say, "Big deal, who cares about $26," but that's a promo another collector might have given you as an extra a couple of years ago. It was going for about $3-5 but two have sold for $15 in the past few months.

I haven't had much luck at garage sales but have found some good stuff at flea markets. In fact I found a Spider-Man McFarlane promo among other cards for a great price.

I'm glad the meeting went well and you want to host one again.

quote:
    Originally posted by cardscout182:
    No problem Cats, meeting was a small but enthusiastic group of 3...Andrew from New Jersey and Ross from New Zealand and myself. Topics ranged from current holy grail pertaining to the last 5-10 years, unexpected garage sale finds and the crazy price of some promos at the moment. The meeting went for over an hour and a half. Andrew mentioned that he re-booted his TEAMS viewer and he came through loud and clear.
    We also touched on the Philly and Chicago show promos...also the price of petrol at the servo.
    I'll try and arrange another meeting in a few weeks and give everyone time to prepare. Thumb Up Metal

quote:
    Please, a little respect. For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of cardscout182
    posted Hide Post
    That's ok Cats I'll be arranging another meeting in 2-3 weeks. As for the Holy Grails. I can't recall what Ross and Andrews' were but I recently found a couple of mine at a reasonable price
    1. 1993 wizard magazine Image series 2 Stormwatch #4 in Gold foil
    2. 2000 Sailor Moon series 3 P1 and P2

We discussed the upcoming and recent Philly red border promos

Some increase in price/value we noted in the meeting were Vampire Diaries season 1 P5 $347.50, Fringe FROG promo $288 and Serenity Movie promo SSD-2005 $240...Now that was the asking price and whether those prices were realized, that's another thread... LOL Just yesterday I saw on the bay a very common promo, Baywatch from 1995 was asking $14. Tells me the prices are increasing and that goes with what you mentioned Cats in regard to the Spiderman McFarlane era promo 1992.
    But, as always, there are gems and bargains out there.
    Metal Thumb Up

We also discussed Springsteen and the price of petrol hhhh