Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    SMG to sign Buffy cards for Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMG to sign Buffy cards for Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
If I were a betting woman then this card with
will fall under Rittenhous's Extremely Limited category, and will likely reach outrageous heights on eBay. Start saving now. I'll hold out hope for a second autograph card. One other possibility, hopefully we'll get another Alyson Hannigan auto.

Initially yes the first one will sell for crazy money. But I bet that she signs at least 2 different cards and probably more. And of course each one released will lower the price of all of them. The first though will probably always be worth the most, except maybe if a future one is a auto/costume 6-case incentive or something like that. I'm really anxious to see the design. I'm hoping it's full bleed.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I am hoping that they not only do full bleed autographs, I am also hoping they are all a vertical design to distinguish the series from the original Inkworks sets.

I am also assuming SMG would be an EL, but who knows we could be surprised. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:
Yay!

A £300 autograph card to collect in order to keep my 'complete' Buffy set 'complete'.

Joy.

Wink

I love the optimism of the young Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
This is wonderful, it's Christmas morning here in Australia and this is the best present I could have hoped for Clap
I'll start saving now Eek Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I am hoping that they not only do full bleed autographs, I am also hoping they are all a vertical design to distinguish the series from the original Inkworks sets.

I am also assuming SMG would be an EL, but who knows we could be surprised. Smile

Val

I think if they made a few more than the 200 that qualifies for EL then it would be an even more popular set. Imagine if you had a real possibility of pulling one, instead of the OMG please prayer you say right before you open that box, desperately hoping for that impossible hit!

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

Val

I think if they made a few more than the 200 that qualifies for EL then it would be an even more popular set. Imagine if you had a real possibility of pulling one, instead of the OMG please prayer you say right before you open that box, desperately hoping for that impossible hit!

May we both hit one in our Buffy boxes next year! Smile

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Remember, this is Rittenhouse, so if it is a regular release there should be "Archive" boxes that are loaded with all of the pack issued inserts including the SMG auto. If one of those could be purchased for around $1000, and it's a 24 pack box, it seems like there might be enough interested parties to go in on one, that is, everyone pays for 1/24 of the archive box (or 1/48 if it's a two box archive box) and then each person gets one pack from the box, perhaps determined by a random draw of some kind. Someone would wind up with the Gellar for around $50 that way, and even if you don't get anything spectacular, you'd be out the cost of less than one box, and there'd definitely be some nice consolation prizes in the packs that don't have the Gellar.
I'm not actually too much of a Buffy collector so I'd probably not be interested so much in buying a chance (which would make me or someone else with no stake in it to handle sending the packs out). Besides the on card autographs, the fact that Rittenhouse issues Archive Boxes makes it all the sweeter that they have this license.
Just something think about.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Let's just hope that it's a pack inserted auto card and not some stupid 18 case incentive or something like that.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
No. I bet if they get Hannigan then that will be the 18 case incentive.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Agreed!
If they put one of the main 4/5 as an incentive then I'm out!

Dont punish the collectors that can't afford the incentives by putting the most desired cards out of their reach!
They could make a sell out of this release if they are willing to abandon/limit incentives for this one..... one can only hope!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Bah! I hold grudges. Not interested in her card anymore. Let her fade into oblivion

Mad Mad Mad

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see an auto costume card as an incentive. I would prefer all regular autos to be pack inserted...or maybe an alt version of the auto.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Agreed!
If they put one of the main 4/5 as an incentive then I'm out!

Dont punish the collectors that can't afford the incentives by putting the most desired cards out of their reach!
They could make a sell out of this release if they are willing to abandon/limit incentives for this one..... one can only hope!

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

If they really thought they could sell it out without incentives they probably wouldn't use incentives.

Unfortunately the economics of the trading card industry makes incentives in various forms a necessity for most large print run releases.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
Bah! I hold grudges. Not interested in her card anymore. Let her fade into oblivion

Mad Mad Mad

Right on Willgull. Metal Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I can understand some people being upset that SMG is finally going to sign after all of these years...

But, I am very excited she is finally signing.

I am a Fan of Buffy and SMG... I am glad she will finally sign for an official Buffy Set.

I just hope the prices are not too outrageous when they hit the market... Hopefully I can pull one out of a pack.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post