Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sample Boxes
 Login/Join

posted
Just a quick question, do sample boxes contain the advertised inserts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologise if this question has been asked before.

Thanks.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've purchased them before and found they exceed the chase cards advertised. I've only gotten them from 1 manufacturer before so I can't say if there all like that.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I recently opened a sample box of Marvel Heroes & Villians. It had everything except the sketch.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of a sample box, maybe I missed something. I know about promos and the preview packs, plus the manufacturer send away offers, but I don't know how you get samples.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Breygent has had some sample boxes as well, the White and Red Comic Con Dexter Season 1 factory set for sure. It's been awhile on that, but I think they were lacking one of the kinds of hits that could be found in the regular (numbered boxes), maybe the sketch card.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses, it's helped a lot.

wgf351 thanks for the post. The sample boxes in question are from Rittenhouse, so I think it's safe to assume Rittenhouse excludes Autos, Sketches and costume cards in sample boxes.

Raven sample boxes are like ordinary boxes, factory sealed, same box art except instead of a box number seal they have a Rittenhouse Archives Sample seal. I'm not sure how other manufacturers work, but that's how Rittenhouse work.

Thanks chesspeicefan you were most helpful.

It now looks like I'm going to have to to get a refund. I recently purchased two boxes from an Ebay seller who neglected to mention the boxes were sample boxes. In the image section and write up he made no reference to the items being samples instead of regular boxes. I contacted him about it and he insists that the major hits are still in there, but he's already lied once and I don't trust him.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post