Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Dexter card questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter card questions
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
here's complete panel

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I never saw that half. I have been buying sketches off of eBay for a while and this was all by itself when I got it. It still looks good the way it is.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It's rather sad to think someone just got the lower half...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
It's rather sad to think someone just got the lower half...

Ed

yeah, really expected they would be kept together, still a 'killer' a$$ indeed Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beamer , can u please elaborate on this

D3AC-DZ David Zayas as Angel Batista (all cards but 1 destroyed)

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Yet another question this one about season 1 2 i was wondering what was the difference in thickness's between the costume cards ?

cause the ones i have are about the size of three regular cards (ie. Base cards) and i just want to know which ones i have

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Answer to the Dexter Season 1 & 2 costumes:
They were originally made with a thin stock process, but some of the cards were separating. So towards the end of the run, the stock was changed to a thicker board to keep the cards from separating. And it worked. So if you have the thin stock cards, they are from the beginning of the printing run and if you have the thicker stock cards, those came from the end of the run. So in reality, there are 2 of each costume, one thick and one thin.

Now, for the David Zayas card. The cards were produced, but they were never signed and so they could not be used. They were all destroyed. Here is a pic of the unsigned card prior to shipment

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did all the Dexter SDCC boxes have a sketch card? I have 2 still sealed at home!! Might have to crack them!!

Posts: 7 | Location: On and island (I wish) | Registered: March 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
I just bought a box cheap on ebay, Im pretty excited. The last box had some good ones from season 1& 2 i got. If this one turns out ill for sure buy some more season 3 boxes.

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I opened my SDCC Dexter box!! My wife won't let me near hers!! LOL. So what did I get? A Charles Hall!!!

Posts: 7 | Location: On and island (I wish) | Registered: March 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
That's a great sketch! What a pull!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Answer to the Dexter Season 1 & 2 costumes:
They were originally made with a thin stock process, but some of the cards were separating. So towards the end of the run, the stock was changed to a thicker board to keep the cards from separating. And it worked. So if you have the thin stock cards, they are from the beginning of the printing run and if you have the thicker stock cards, those came from the end of the run. So in reality, there are 2 of each costume, one thick and one thin.

Now, for the David Zayas card. The cards were produced, but they were never signed and so they could not be used. They were all destroyed. Here is a pic of the unsigned card prior to shipment

This always makes me sad -- the same thing happens with sports cards frequently. I wonder if Zayas just didn't return them.

Posts: 6 | Location: Innisfil, ON | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://trevmurphy.com/2009/dexter-2/

trev murphy said on his page above that he did not do any sketches for 2009 dexter set sdcc or exclusive. so im a bit confused....... breygent said he did .everybody online says he only did 3 . but he say's he did none..