This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4607031326

August 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
DavidDeb
Dexter card questions
here's complete panel

August 28, 2012, 06:56 PM
beamer
I never saw that half. I have been buying sketches off of eBay for a while and this was all by itself when I got it. It still looks good the way it is.
August 29, 2012, 12:53 AM
Scifi Cards
It's rather sad to think someone just got the lower half...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
It's rather sad to think someone just got the lower half...

Ed

yeah, really expected they would be kept together, still a 'killer' a$$ indeed Wink

September 02, 2012, 11:47 PM
DexterFAN
Beamer , can u please elaborate on this

D3AC-DZ David Zayas as Angel Batista (all cards but 1 destroyed)

September 03, 2012, 01:37 AM
DexterFAN
And Yet another question this one about season 1 2 i was wondering what was the difference in thickness's between the costume cards ?

cause the ones i have are about the size of three regular cards (ie. Base cards) and i just want to know which ones i have

September 03, 2012, 01:59 PM
beamer
Answer to the Dexter Season 1 & 2 costumes:
They were originally made with a thin stock process, but some of the cards were separating. So towards the end of the run, the stock was changed to a thicker board to keep the cards from separating. And it worked. So if you have the thin stock cards, they are from the beginning of the printing run and if you have the thicker stock cards, those came from the end of the run. So in reality, there are 2 of each costume, one thick and one thin.

Now, for the David Zayas card. The cards were produced, but they were never signed and so they could not be used. They were all destroyed. Here is a pic of the unsigned card prior to shipment

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,
September 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Mad Marty
Did all the Dexter SDCC boxes have a sketch card? I have 2 still sealed at home!! Might have to crack them!!
September 10, 2012, 05:51 PM
Dex1186
I just bought a box cheap on ebay, Im pretty excited. The last box had some good ones from season 1& 2 i got. If this one turns out ill for sure buy some more season 3 boxes.

September 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
Mad Marty
OK, I opened my SDCC Dexter box!! My wife won't let me near hers!! LOL. So what did I get? A Charles Hall!!!

September 12, 2012, 05:53 PM
beamer
That's a great sketch! What a pull!
September 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
CardWritingCouple
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Answer to the Dexter Season 1 & 2 costumes:
They were originally made with a thin stock process, but some of the cards were separating. So towards the end of the run, the stock was changed to a thicker board to keep the cards from separating. And it worked. So if you have the thin stock cards, they are from the beginning of the printing run and if you have the thicker stock cards, those came from the end of the run. So in reality, there are 2 of each costume, one thick and one thin.

Now, for the David Zayas card. The cards were produced, but they were never signed and so they could not be used. They were all destroyed. Here is a pic of the unsigned card prior to shipment

This always makes me sad -- the same thing happens with sports cards frequently. I wonder if Zayas just didn't return them.

September 25, 2012, 10:18 PM
DexterFAN
http://trevmurphy.com/2009/dexter-2/

trev murphy said on his page above that he did not do any sketches for 2009 dexter set sdcc or exclusive. so im a bit confused....... breygent said he did .everybody online says he only did 3 . but he say's he did none..