Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Dexter card questions

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4607031326

August 13, 2012, 01:08 AM
Tattoox
Dexter card questions
First, just to clarify, the first Dexter card release was made up of seasons 1 and 2, correct?

Besides the Dark Defender chase cards, is there other cards in the set from the episode?

If so, how many?

Or better yet, any with Tone Rodriguez?

____________________
August 14, 2012, 06:33 AM
beamer
Here is a complete checklist of every card in both dexter 1 & 2 and Season 3:
Dexter season 1 & 2 Master Set consisting of the following items:

Deluxe Trading Card Albums
72 Card Base Set
Chase cards:
5 Card Dexter Behind the Scenes Chase Set
4 Card Dexter Dark Defender Chase Set
2 Card Dexter Dream Scenes Chase Set
2 Card Dexter Group Chase Set
6 Card Dexter Killer Chase Set
4 Card Dexter Portraits Chase Set
4 Card Dexter's Relationships Chase Set

11 Autograph Cards:
DA1- Michael C. Hall
DA2- Julie Benz
DA3- Jennifer Carpenter
DA4- Lauren Velez
DA5- David Zayas (pen)
DA5- David Zayas (sharpie)
DA6- James Remar
DA7- C.S. Lee
DA8- Erik King
DA9- Margo Martindale
DA10- Mark L. Young
DA11- Mark Pellegrino
DA-1 through DA-11 unsigned autograph

21 Costume Cards:
DC1- Astor costume card
DC2- Astor costume card
DC3- Angel Batista costume card
DC4-Angel Batista costume card
DC5- Cody costume card
DC6- Cody costume card
DC7- Debra Morgan costume card
DC8- Debra Morgan costume card
DC9- Dexter Morgan costume card
DC10- Sgt. Doakes costume card
DC11- Frank Lundy costume card
DC12- Frank Lundy tie
DC13- Harry Morgan costume card
DC14- Lila costume card
DC15- Lt. Maria Laguerta costume card
DC16- Lt. Maria Laguerta costume card
DC17- Lt. Maria Laguerta costume card dual
DC18- Rita Bennett dual costume card
DC19- Rudy Cooper costume card
DC20- Vince Masuka costume card
DC21- Vince Masuka costume card

DC1-DC21-Thick variant late release set of all 21 costume cards

Prop Cards:
DPC1-Plastic right foot
DPC2-Plastic left hand
DPC3-Crime scene tape
DPC4-Evidence flag in orange
DPC5-Evidence bag
Case Incentives:
3-card Case incentive Dexter Morgan dual costume graded
6-card Case incentive Sean Pence sketch graded
8-card Case incentive Steven Miller sketch graded
10-card Case incentive Blood slide graded

Super-Rare cards:
Debra Morgan Patch variant
SDCC "Z" Hotel key card


San Diego Comic Con Exclusives:
Exclusive box set marked "SAMPLE"
Exclusive boxed sets numbered to 400
2 Card Dexter Group Chase Set with red foil
2 Card Dexter Dream Scenes Chase Set in red foil
4 Card Dexter's Relationships Chase Set in red foil
4 Card Dexter Portraits Chase Set in red foil
4 Card Dexter Dark Defender Chase Set in red foil
5 Card Behind the Scenes Chase Set in red foil
6 Card Dexter the Killer Chase Set in red foil
DCC1- Dexter Morgan costume card
DCC2- Rita Bennett costume card
DCC3- Astor costume card


San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Sketch cards: 7 different artist

Promotional cards:
Album promo 1
Album promo 2
Philly Non-Sports Show, 2008 foil stock - marked "promo", no number
Philly 50th Non-Sports show, 2009 regular stock - marked "promo", no number
Promo 1 Regular stock cast photo
Promo 1 Foil stock cast photo
SDCC Promo Dexter exclusive box set
SDCC Endless World promo, 2009
SDCC Triangle cards promo, 2009
SDCC Julio's Non-Sport Depot promo, 2009



Dexter Season 3 consisting of the following items:
Promotional cards:
Promo 1
Promo 2
Promo 3
Philly Non-Sports show exclusive received w/paid entry to the 51st show
Non Sport Update exclusive. Only available in NSU Dexter variant issue
Binder promo 1
Binder Promo 2

2010 San Diego Comic Con Exclusives:

Dexter Morgan Metallogloss Costume w/black jumpsuit swatch.
Dexter Morgan Metallogloss Costume w/white jumpsuit swatch.
Dexter Morgan Metallogloss Costume w/white test paper swatch.
Dexter Morgan Metallogloss Costume w/black tool bag swatch.
Michael C. Hall autograph card.
Jimmy Smits autograph card.
Dark green 8 swatch costume card.
Light green 8 swatch costume card.
Dark grey 4 swatch costume card.
Crime scene number stand prop
Camera strap prop card

Rare set of Miami-Metro Police Department Identification 5 X 7 prop cards
Only 2 of each of the cards listed below were produced for the 2010 SDCC.

D3-LP1 Dexter Morgan, Forensic Technician
D3-LP2 Angel Batista, Detective Sergeant
D3-LP3 Maria LaGuerta, Lieutenant
D3-LP4 Debra Morgan, Detective
D3-LP5 Vince Masuka, Forensic Technician
D3-LP6 Joey Quinn, Detective
D3-LP7 Harry Morgan, Police Officer



Puzzle Cards:
D3-CP1 Rita Bennett
D3-CP2 Debra Morgan
D3-CP3 Joey Quinn
D3-CP4 Angel Batista
D3-CP5 Vincent Masuka
D3-CP6 Lt. Maria LaGuerta
D3-CP7 Dexter Morgan
D3-CP8 Harry Morgan
D3-CP9 Miguel Prado

Dexter's Victims:
D3-V1 In the episode "Our father"
D3-V2 In Season 3 Dexter finally finds
D3-V3 Dexter poses as a crack addict
D3-V4 Dexter worries
D3-V5 "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
D3-V6 Neo Nazi, Clemson Galt
D3-V7 Over pizza and beer
D3-V8 Miguel Prado gets in Dexter's way
D3-V9 In the final episode of Season 3

Dexter Quotes:
D3-Q1 "Most normal people enjoy a sacred pact with society"
D3-Q2 "I put her in a short skirt"
D3-Q3 "I'm having intimate relations with LaGuerta"
D3-Q4 "You're juggling family, work and a Dark Passenger"
D3-Q5 "I tied him up, not unlike this"
D3-Q6 "It's becoming more and more clear..."
D3-Q7 "Did you ever drop a quart of milk..."
D3-Q8 "Say it again, Rita's pregnant"
D3-Q9 "You stuck a piece of chewing gum on it?"
D3-Q10 "We're supposed to see hope"



Case Topper cards:

MetalloglossĀ® Sketch Art card by Trev Murphy
MetalloglossĀ® Sketch Art card by Lee Bellinger


Autograph/Costume cards:

D3AC-CSL C.S. Lee
D3AC-MCH Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan
D3AC-LV Lauren Velez as Maria LaGuerta
D3AC-DH Desmond Harrington as Joey Quinn
D3AC-JC Jennifer Carpenter as Debra Morgan
D3AC-JB Julie Benz as Rita Bennett
D3AC-DZ David Zayas as Angel Batista (all cards but 1 destroyed)


Autograph Cards:

D3A-MCHS Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan
D3A-JR James Remar as Harry Morgan
D3A-JS Jimmy Smits as Miguel Prado


Dual Autograph Cards:

D3A-MCHJB Michael C. Hall and Julie Benz
D3A-MCHJS Michael C. Hall and Jimmy Smits

3 Case Incentive:

D3-CI1 8 - piece Costume Card

Dual Costume cards:

D3-C1 Dexter Morgan
D3-C2 Dexter Morgan
D3-C3 Dexter Morgan
D3-C4 Dexter Morgan
D3-C5 Dexter Morgan
D3-C6 Rita Bennett
D3-C7 Rita Bennett
D3-C8 Rita Bennett
D3-C9 Rita Bennett
D3-C10 Lt. Maria LaGuerta
D3-C11 Lt. Maria LaGuerta
D3-C12 Lt. Maria LaGuerta
D3-C13 Angel Batista
D3-C14 Angel Batista
D3-C15 Debra Morgan
D3-C16 Debra Morgan
D3-C17 Debra Morgan
D3-C18 Debra Morgan
D3-C19 Debra Morgan
D3-C20 Debra Morgan
D3-C21 Vince Masuka
D3-C22 Vince Masuka
D3-C23 Joey Quinn
D3-C24 Dexter Morgan & Miguel Prado
D3-C25 Rita Bennett & Dexter Morgan
D3-C26 Lt. Maria LaGuerta & Miguel Prado
D3-C27 Debra Morgan & Joey Quinn
D3-C28 4-Piece Costume card
D3-29 8-Piece Costume card

Prop Cards:

D3-P1 Blood Spattered target Paper
D3-P2 Bloody Evidence Bag
D3-P3 Blood Spattered Glass from Framed Photograph
D3-P3 Variant (thick) Piece of the Frame
D3-P4 Trajectory String
D3-P5 Wedding Invitation
D3-P6 Dexter's Tool Bag
D3-P7 Farm Fresh Milk Container
D3-P8 Miami-Metro Police Department File Folder
D3-P9 PD Forensic Science Lab Folder
D3-P10 Forensics Quarterly Magazine
D3-P11 Dry Cleaner Tag

Sketch Card Artists:

Trev Murphy
Jason Carrier
Charles Hall
Brian Kong
Steve Miller
Len Bellinger
Tim Shay
Kevin Graham

Season 3 Binder with 2 Exclusive Binder Promos
Season 3 Sell Sheet
72 Card Basic Set
August 21, 2012, 12:20 AM
DexterFAN
Would someone be able to explain to me how to tell the difference between the different sketch cards. ie. season 1 2 regualr box / 2009 sdcc / season 3 regular box / ext.

____________________
Dustin
August 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
beamer


The sketch on the left is from Dexter season 1&2. The one on the right is from the SDCC boxes. If you look, you will see there are 3 lines of text on the back of the card on the left and 2 lines of text on the card on the right. Breygent used the same boards from the SDCC on the season 3 sketches too. So unless you have proof of where you pulled them from, it's tough. I saved the numbered tags from the SDCC boxes and put them with the sketches for continuity.
August 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
DexterFAN
Thanks beamer Thumb Up

____________________
Dustin
August 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:


Sketch Card Artists:

Trev Murphy
Jason Carrier
Charles Hall
Brian Kong
Steve Miller
Len Bellinger
Tim Shay
Kevin Graham



I'm adding myself for the accuracy of your list...I did cards for SDCC exclusive season 1/2 and for season 3 as well.
I have a specific folder on DA for most of them.

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
August 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
beamer
David,
I apologize for leaving you off of the list, but I have never seen and do not own any of your SDCC exclusive sketches, nor have I ever seen one. And I thought I had a true master set of every dexter card ever made. Do you have any pics of the cards you did for the SDCC numbered boxes???
I will have to speak to Tom because he might still have a list.
Michael
August 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
David,
I apologize for leaving you off of the list, but I have never seen and do not own any of your SDCC exclusive sketches, nor have I ever seen one. And I thought I had a true master set of every dexter card ever made. Do you have any pics of the cards you did for the SDCC numbered boxes???
I will have to speak to Tom because he might still have a list.
Michael


hey Beamer,
yeah, I did 27 cards for the SDCC set back then, you can find a few posted here as well as the back of cards with my signature as you shown above, they are mixed with season 3 however (just read descriptions):
http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/gallery/11527742

I remember seeing a few on ebay at the time and my AR are 'Bad Dexter' owned by Len Bellinger and 'Officer Debra Morgan' owned by Raz.

Sean Pence also did a few for season 1&2 that are 'graded' and were 6 case incentive if I remember well

that would complete your list

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
August 25, 2012, 09:55 PM
jane
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
David,
I apologize for leaving you off of the list, but I have never seen and do not own any of your SDCC exclusive sketches, nor have I ever seen one. And I thought I had a true master set of every dexter card ever made. Do you have any pics of the cards you did for the SDCC numbered boxes???
I will have to speak to Tom because he might still have a list.
Michael


hey Beamer,
yeah, I did 27 cards for the SDCC set back then, you can find a few posted here as well as the back of cards with my signature as you shown above, they are mixed with season 3 however (just read descriptions):
http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/gallery/11527742

I remember seeing a few on ebay at the time and my AR are 'Bad Dexter' owned by Len Bellinger and 'Officer Debra Morgan' owned by Raz.

Sean Pence also did a few for season 1&2 that are 'graded' and were 6 case incentive if I remember well

that would complete your list


I was lucky enough to pull one of those 27!

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

http://www.sketchcollectors.co...lery.php?user_id=180
August 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
David,
I apologize for leaving you off of the list, but I have never seen and do not own any of your SDCC exclusive sketches, nor have I ever seen one. And I thought I had a true master set of every dexter card ever made. Do you have any pics of the cards you did for the SDCC numbered boxes???
I will have to speak to Tom because he might still have a list.
Michael


hey Beamer,
yeah, I did 27 cards for the SDCC set back then, you can find a few posted here as well as the back of cards with my signature as you shown above, they are mixed with season 3 however (just read descriptions):
http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/gallery/11527742

I remember seeing a few on ebay at the time and my AR are 'Bad Dexter' owned by Len Bellinger and 'Officer Debra Morgan' owned by Raz.

Sean Pence also did a few for season 1&2 that are 'graded' and were 6 case incentive if I remember well

that would complete your list


I was lucky enough to pull one of those 27!


great Wink
which one was it?

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
August 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
jane
This one



____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

http://www.sketchcollectors.co...lery.php?user_id=180
August 25, 2012, 10:26 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
This one


oh, right
I remember now Smile
I didn't had the images for those in B&W so I posted it as well in my collection on DeviantArt

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
August 26, 2012, 12:28 AM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
David,
I have never seen and do not own any of your SDCC exclusive sketches, nor have I ever seen one.
I will have to speak to Tom because he might still have a list.
Michael


hey beamer,
if you look at page 1 of the 'Artist Advertising Forum' in my own section, you commented on my SDCC exclusive cards after I posted them in July 2009, here is your comment:


Posted July 29, 2009 08:59 AM
David,
I am interested in having some cards done, but I can't find the link on your website for an email or phone contact.
Please supply.
Thanks
Michael

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6122/m/262105211/p/1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DavidDeb,

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
August 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
Ra$
Hi Beamer,
Here are my Dexter Sketch Cards from Season 1-2 SDCC and Season 3 Artist Returns from David



P.S I am so proud of owning them Smile
August 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
beamer
Ok guys. I must be losing it. I just went into my Dexter stash and I found I do have one of David's sketches. I just left his name off the list and added 2 that should not be there. According to B reygent, only 7 artists drew for the SDCC boxed set.

David Desbois
Trev Murphy
Jason Carrier
Charles Hall
Brian Kong
Steve Miller
Kevin Graham
August 26, 2012, 11:06 PM
Ra$
You might be beamer lol good to hear you got 1 for your Dexter SDCC master set.... what about season 3 did you pick one up for that set?
August 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Ok guys. I must be losing it. I just went into my Dexter stash and I found I do have one of David's sketches. I just left his name off the list and added 2 that should not be there. According to B reygent, only 7 artists drew for the SDCC boxed set.

David Desbois
Trev Murphy
Jason Carrier
Charles Hall
Brian Kong
Steve Miller
Kevin Graham


don't you have the bottom part as well, Breygent is supposed to pack panels together I believe? of maybe the policy came afteward.

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
August 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
DexterFAN
does anyone know what the difference is between graded and "authentic" cards ? And why there would be both produced for one card ie. 10 case incentive blood slide prop card ?

thanks in advance for any help

____________________
Dustin
August 28, 2012, 01:38 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by DexterFAN:
does anyone know what the difference is between graded and "authentic" cards ? And why there would be both produced for one card ie. 10 case incentive blood slide prop card ?

thanks in advance for any help


I don't know for sure in this case...

But many people that have cards graded will set a low grade point where the card is just slabbed as "authentic". In the sports world a grade under 8 can really hurt value so many are graded simply as authentic.

Not sure on the matter of the Blood Slide Prop though.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 28, 2012, 07:07 AM
beamer
I didnt think this was a "dual" sketch. It appeared to be just a single. I would be interested in who has the bottom half, if there is one!
And I did get this DD from season 3!