Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Samuel L Jackson & Ben Affleck Autos on the bay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samuel L Jackson & Ben Affleck Autos on the bay
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Excellent!
Have ol' GUCD cut them up and make you a custom "Changing Lanes" booklet. Talk about a one of a kind!

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Wow. Excellent pulls. Congrats

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Poor Ben....cant play a super hero to save his life.

Great autograph though! Smile

Ouch...just noticed the edges on it.

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
These are not mine.....LOL.

I was worried about the authenticity til I saw who was selling.

It's a well known artist selling these....

I've seen a ton fakes of the Ben Affleck.

Never seen the Samuel L Jackson before.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Every Affleck that I've seen, including the one I pulled from a box of Daredevil, has the same dinged up corners.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Every Affleck that I've seen, including the one I pulled from a box of Daredevil, has the same dinged up corners.

Wow that's really bad of they were coming out of packs in that condition - I just thought the one up for auction had led a not so sheltered life!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sometimes certain card products are prone to specific problems. I haven't seen that DD autograph card in person, but if the same damage is present in all of them, it could be edge chipping or separation, rather than dings.

There have been a number of older sets that have so many problems that a graded 10 is impossible because none would be rated that high.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
As I recall, Matt and Ben put them in the spokes of their bicycles and "rode around town" for a while before Ben signed them.

But seriously, sometimes the people who sign them are a little rough with them. I believe Rittenhouse has solved that through the use of larger than normal cards that are then cut down to proper size once the signer has returned them. Rittenhouse did miscut the Oona Chaplin autographs from Game of Thrones, if I'm not mistaken, so it's not fool-proof, even then.
Keeping the cards in mint condition is one of the reasons for doing so given by those companies that do use stickers.

Breygent and Crypto (and Inkworks, way back when), being the other blessedly largely all on-card-auto companies, also seem to have figured it out. I don't remember ever getting a rough edged or dinged corner autograph from them.

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My Affleck Daredevil autograph does NOT have dinged corners. I bought it from an unimpeachable dealer.

I guess I'm one of the few people who liked the DAREDEVIL movie. I've seen it two or three times and think it's excellent.

However, I despise the ELEKTRA movie. Go figure.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post