Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Avengers Additions (Strictly Ink) Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Additions (Strictly Ink) Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen a card for this old Strictly Ink set. Looks to be a title card, mostly red with the Avengers logo. On the top it says /2500 but no number is filled it. Seller calls it a "rare promo" and is asking $ 50 for it. Any idea what it really is ?

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the Gold Foil Stamped Card was going to be issued with The Avengers Additions Trading Card Collection by Strictly Ink in 2006 as a Box Topper.

The "Additions" cards (not series 3) were eventually released in 2008 as a Limited Edition (50) set and had this card included with a hologram sticker over the "2500" number.

Posts: 4 | Location: South Lincolnshire UK | Registered: November 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have never seen what the back of the card looks like, so I didn't know if it was a real promo or not. The only card I have for the set is the common PR1 promo.

So do only 50 of these exist ?

You can see one now, "you know where"....

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I could figure out how to add a picture here I would show both sides to this card Smile There were 50 cards that accompanied the 50 Avengers Archive Sets in 2008 and I believe these were hand written numbered over the hologram sticker. Some of the cards were given to dealers by Strictly Ink - and some were included in the Strictly Ink Year Sets. How many...? I suspect the one on "you know where" is a dealer gift or year set as it does not have a hologram sticker over the panel.

Posts: 4 | Location: South Lincolnshire UK | Registered: November 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I have #4/50, I got it direct from the manufacturer.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post