Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new mars attacks set
 Login/Join

posted
I see idw are selling a book with an exclusive 100 card set on there site.
just wonderd if they will reach the uk shores ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a 250 copy limited edition set combining the cards with a hard back book that will only be available directly from the IDW site. So if you wany a copy, you will have to order directly from them. It isn't something that will be carried by a UK dealer if that's what you are wondering about. The card set will not be available separately. As I know from picking up a couple of their Red Label Mars Attacks book/sketch card sets before, they are pretty expensive when it comes to shipping to here in the UK Frown

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This was actually offered through the Diamond Previews (the main distributor in the US) monthly catalog about 6 months ago. They offer things about 3 months in advance that way, but it's still on my order form as of last month, so hopefully, I'll still get the one from my original order. Three months late is coming up to the time when they tend to cancel items ordered for lateness and issue credit. Hopefully, that won't be the case here. I'm going to call my subscription company and ask them to fill the order for me if they possibly can.

The item page at IDW shows some of the cards and there are at least a couple of the 10 that NAR did four the set, plus I can see Ted Dastick's 4 card "Beatles Abbey Road" homage, so there's at least 6 cards from those two artists, and I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more from them, since they both nailed the assignment in a way better than IDW could've even hoped for.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
MARS ATTACKS: COMPLETE COLLECTION - TRADING CARD EDITION
* Deluxe hardcover in a limited-edition slipcase
* Each book contains a complete 100 card set exclusive to this release
* 250 copies available
* Cards printed on high-quality 24-point inverkote paper

This limited-edition set contains one copy of the Mars Attacks: Complete Collection hardcover, written by John Layman and illustrated by John McCrea, as well as a complete 100 Mars Attacks card set featuring artwork originally created for the IDW Limited Mars Attacks sketch card project.

Artist List:
•Alex Deligiannis
•Dan Duncan
•Charles Hall
•Apricot Mantle
•Nar
•Chris Uminga
•George Webber
•Jeff Zapata
•Jason Adams
•Jeremy Treece
•Ted Dastick
•Dan Harding
•Miran Kim
•Chris Mason
•John McCrea
•Sean Pence
•Tim Proctor

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The card set is a reproduction of the sketch cards from the Red and Blue Label limited Edition Mars Attacks Books which is why they look familiar Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see there are only about 50 sets left ,still very popular

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did any one order this , I did they said ships 11/11/2014
but have blanked all questions asking if they have shipped item.
I have asked idw direct and via facebook no replie ?
any one else had similar from idw ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ordered this about 5 months (or so) ago through my comic subscription service. We advance order everything by two months and get a nice discount in exchange since there's no risk they'll get stuck with it. (It's how I buy my copy of NSU every other month, which is great since the magazine would have to be folded to fit in our P.O. Box. This way, I get it flat, so the promo cards are never damaged).

This Mars Attacks book with card set is a couple of months late already from the initial offering of it in the Diamond Previews catalog, but is still on my most recent order list. Usually, items get automatically cancelled once they are 3-4 months late. Hopefully, I'll get mine in next month's shipment which will get here sometime during the second week of December.