Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My best Ebay sell !!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best Ebay sell !!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Tried to post elsewhere , didn't work .
Anyway , i'm selling True Crime cards , had them for years . Getting $1 @.
Charles Manson $11 !!!!
What's your best sell ?

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i don t think i ve had one,as my experience with ebayers is that they want to sell overpriced ,then they want your cards for a couple of quid,i ve paid a lot more for base cards than i ve got for selling autograph cards,the one good thing was getting a double kathleen kennedy in my indiana jones heritage case and selling it for £70.00,having said that,it was a one in 40 case card and is worth a lot more.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sumozilla:
Anyway , i'm selling True Crime cards , had them for years . Getting $1 @.
Charles Manson $11 !!!!
What's your best sell ?

I think I'd be more worried about who wants Charlie Manson that much. Wink

I have never sold on eBay, but the best sale I ever made was to a dealer for five Mark McGwire rookie cards right after he broke the season home run record. The card was at its highest list price, around $170, and I got $90 each.

The next year the drug stories came out and he retired. Those cards are under $10 now. You got to know when to hold them, and know when to fold them. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I'd be more worried about who wants Charlie Manson that much.

It's a little disturbing , this is a 3rd one he's bid on .

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was cleaning up my uncut sheets last year and came across a Supernatural Season 1 Mini Uncut Press Sheet.

Stuck it on eBay, hoping for more than $50. The market is pretty depressed on anything Inkworks...

It sells for over $500. And the buyer actually THANKED me for putting it up for sale so she could buy it.

Season 1's were only numbered to 99, so you don't see them much.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I was cleaning up my uncut sheets last year and came across a Supernatural Season 1 Mini Uncut Press Sheet.

Stuck it on eBay, hoping for more than $50. The market is pretty depressed on anything Inkworks...

It sells for over $500. And the buyer actually THANKED me for putting it up for sale so she could buy it.

Season 1's were only numbered to 99, so you don't see them much.

Ed

Eek

That's awesome Ed. Metal Congrats!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I sold in eBay and never have a "big sale". But I manage to sell Ultra Fleer X-Men 1996 Wolverine Base Set and Holoflash Set, and X-Men Chromium Set for the money I requested.

In other marketplaces like eCrater, Blujay, etc. I only manage to make a big sale with Spider-Man Fleer 1994 Hologram Set.

In my opinion card collector 1rst check eBay then the rest of the Internet.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Years ago i purchased a Lost redemption card for 50 pence at a fair, redeemed it from Inkworks and then sold the card for £75.

That was a good return. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Update - managed to sell 5 True Crimes for $10+@
Totally unexpected !!

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
After offering them here (at the time) and elsewhere, I still had a bunch of Twilight P-MS promo cards from the 2009 Memorabilia show (They were only available on the one day of the show)
Someone, towards the end of last year, mentioned to me (off-board) that these seemed to be selling pretty well now on eBay, so I chanced my arm and listed a couple. They went for between £20-£30 each!
Not all profit for me, I should say - a percentage went to Great Ormond Street Hospital and the entire proceeds of another couple of cards went to a friend in the US who has Keratoconus (an eye condition which I also have) and needed to pay for a prescription - but a nice deal for 'free' cards!
I wish I'd picked up a few more now... Smile
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Gadget
posted Hide Post
That was a great deal for you!

Posts: 3 | Location: Delaware | Registered: April 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post