Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Twilight Zone signers - 2 actors died today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone signers - 2 actors died today
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted
Odd and sad coincidence that we lost both Anne Francis(Signed in Series 1 & Series 4) and Bill Erwin, who signed in Series 4. Francis was 80, Erwin 96. These Twilight Zone autograph cards are all gems, frankly.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
These Twilight Zone autograph cards are all gems, frankly.

Yes they are, and nearly every one is a beautiful signature from really fine character actors. Can you imagine if Agnes Morehead had been alive to be included in this set?

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I had not heard that Anne Francis died. That makes me sad.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
These Twilight Zone autograph cards are all gems, frankly.

Yes they are, and nearly every one is a beautiful signature from really fine character actors. Can you imagine if Agnes Morehead had been alive to be included in this set?

Watching the marathon over the weekend, there are so many actors that passed away before Rittenhouse's birth. It's a shame, such a wealth of talent on so many of those episodes. Roddy McDowell & Burgess Meredith are two more that came to my mind. A Moorehead autograph card would have been phenomenal.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We also lost Jill Haworth, whom I know signed for Rittenhouse's Outer Limits set.

http://www.variety.com/article...18029784?refCatId=15