Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Great finds at my local card boot sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great finds at my local card boot sale
 Login/Join

posted
There was a guy selling boxes of 90's stuff.think it was old newsagent stock.the boxes were dusty but still sealed.

10 boxes of Star wars galaxy 1
8 boxes of Star wars galaxy 2
4 X-files season 1
6 xfiles season 2
6 wcw nitro
4 wcw embossed
10 Marvel universe 2
6 Marvel universe 3
8 marvel masterpieces

he wanted £2 a box.done me a deal cause i took them all.

£50 for the lot.took a punt!!all in massive cardboard boxes on the floor under tables..nearly missed them.the guy was over the moon to get rid of them.one mans junk and all that.Keeping them sealed and putting them away.happy days!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markdennett,

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic find, well done on that. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
What a fantastic find, well done on that. Clap

Thanks Wolfie.best thing is?hes got more at home.hes bringing them next week for me.cant wait!!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's remarkable, you hardly ever hear of that anymore because its so easy to Google everything. Just the opposite really, sellers are more likely to want to price junk like its gold, than gold like its junk. Big Grin

I miss the days when people didn't know what they had. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome find! What year(s) are the Marvel Masterpieces?

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

Its says Marvel masterpieces 1995.pic of Xmen on the front.36 packs per box.also says

151 cards
22 canvas cards
8 holoflash
2 mirage cards
also states the odds of finding them!

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
That is may favorite year of Marvel Masterpieces. If you plan to open them please let me know. I need just a few cards to finish my sets. And really keep me in mind if you pull a Mirage card!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im keeping them sealed but if you want a box?please let me know??

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
im keeping them sealed but if you want a box?please let me know??

As much as I would like one it is out of my price range and since I need so few cards the odds are not in my favor to pull a Mirage or a card I need.

Now if you want to make a killer ROI I would pay you 1000% over what you paid or £20 Big Grin Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Its says Marvel masterpieces 1995.pic of Xmen on the front.36 packs per box.also says

151 cards
22 canvas cards
8 holoflash
2 mirage cards

Wow, those boxes alone are a small fortune!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
quote:

151 cards
22 canvas cards
8 holoflash
2 mirage cards

i cant find a price for a box anywhere,find it hard to believe they are worth much cause theres no sketch or autos in them..i thought thats why they were so cheap??

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by markdennett:

i cant find a price for a box anywhere,find it hard to believe they are worth much cause theres no sketch or autos in them..i thought thats why they were so cheap??

unopened boxes don't pop-up too often but they are a few hundred a piece at least. In older Marvel Masterpieces, 1996 is the rarest with 1995 right behind. The Mirage cards which fall 1:360 packs sell anywhere between $200-$300 on average.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Holy Moly!!! That is the find of the decade. Big Grin

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

151 cards
22 canvas cards
8 holoflash
2 mirage cards

Just low-production driving the prices. NSU lists them at $255 a box, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get close to that. The 1996 ones are even more rare, hopefully he's got some of those for you too!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I might just have to fly over there to check the store before you go back!

posted Hide Post
I had no idea,im shocked!! Eek

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What did you say this guys name was again? Wink Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i will buy everything else he has,thats for sure!!cant wait. Smile

im in touch with acouple of dealers who are interested.ive had my eye on some Star Trek,X-men and twilight zone autos for a while.a nice trade would be awsome!!

posted Hide Post
Quite a haul there, I managed to snag a box of the 95 Masterpieces something like 8 years ago or so and even then it cost me a good £50 but now they just don't ever show up.

There's no way to be sure of the price as they're so uncommon but you should try to avoid dumping them all in one go or you'll drive the price down. It's also probably a bad idea to break them all open in search of master sets and mirage cards (although there is some demand for the chase even if it's not the Mirage).

Been waiting years for that to happen to me! Razz

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Great find. Thumb Up I dream of coming across something like that at a car boo or charity shop. There's hope.....

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post