Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    trying to find value of star wars cards and packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trying to find value of star wars cards and packs
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted
G'day everyone, I have been cleaning up my attic and found 7 different wax packs of Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, produced by Topps between 1977 and 1983. just wondering if they are worth anything?

There's a yellow pack of Star Wars
a yellow, a blue and a red packet of ESB
and 3 yellow packets of ROTJ with Jabba and Darth Vader

Also have 2 sets of original red and blue ROTJ sets, a white border Empire Strikes back set, missing about 10 cards, plus an original set of Battlestar Galactica set, all in near mint condish...

Hope someone has some info, many thanks in advance...

quote:
Please, a little respect, For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
1977 Series 2 (yellow pack with Vader) is definitely the best as there's still a lot of the other stuff to be had. That pack goes for about $35. The ESB packs sound like a full set of all three series, and the ROTJ packs are series 1. Those are all worth a few bucks each. The Series 1 ESB (red) might be closer to $10, they have the first Boba Fett cards in them in them, including his popular "Star File Official Business" card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Thanks chesspieceface great insight there mate, well done Thumb Up
any Idea on the full sets of ROTJ red and ROTJ blue and the near full set of ESB with white border?

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am no expert on Star Wars cards but a quick check on Ebay showed sales for the Star Wars sets at around $25 and around $40 for Battlestar Galactica. Obviously prices are volatile and you might get more or less depending on circumstances but that looks a good baseline .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post