Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALLISON MACK
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
So, due to current events, do you think my Inkworks Smallville Allison Mack autograph card will increase or decrease in value ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Well, if she's convicted she's doing life in prison so I think you have yourself a collectible there.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want a collectible that bad, I don't think.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will matter if she gets convicted or not. When was the last time you heard her name mentioned before this? She is a minor actress best known for an old TV show. Not exactly in big demand to start with, so any bump in interest now will be short lived.

Its like when a celebrity dies. Yes their autograph cards go up a bit right after because of the death bounce. The idea is that there is now a finite number of signatures available, which is true. However if there was only minimal demand for that celebrity's autograph while he/she was alive, any increase in demand will fade as fast it came. After a couple of years people don't even remember if they are dead or not. Any premium is gone and the autograph card returns to whatever it was.

Death and bad news makes a difference to the value of star signatures that already have good demand. Minor names like Allison Mack don't turn into gems, short of marrying Prince Harry of course. Wink

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post