Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian Members?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm just wondering how many Canadian members there are on here and more specifically, if there's anyone out there in Edmonton, Alberta. I'm fairly new to the trading card scene and I'm having quite a hard time finding trading connections on here. While the forum is informative and interesting, I'd really like to find a local group if there's one out there. Not having too much luck on here. Anyways thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Posts: 31 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm from ON Canada.
Not sure what types of cards you are into. Do you like the sets based on movies, or TV? Perhaps even comics....

Tell us more about what you collect and wheere you usually shop.

P.S welcome to the site

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a large number of Canadian members who are located in Ontario,Quebec,British Columbia and Nova Scotia. As Kennywood has stated there are some mebers who are also located in Alberta.

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
Wavey

I am in Ontario, Canada.

I would also like to hear what cards/comics/whatever you collect.

I really enjoy checking this site to see what other folks are collecting and views they are expressing, and any other info they are sharing..... More of a (dreaded) lurker here lol but I do pop out of my shell every so often! Bouncey

Most of my family and friends tend to zone out if/when I try to gab to them about my cards and stuff Twak

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I'm from Ontario Canada too. Smile Wave

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
Yeppers im in Edmonton Alberta the one Canadian province everyone forgets lol. I always forget about the other forums on here. Welcome Ballen I been collecting since Buffy/Angel inkworks cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dex1186,

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, thanks for the replies! A few months ago I came into a small collection (small compared to those I've seen on here) of both sport and non-sport cards. While I havn't touched the sports cards at all (no interest), I've gone through all the non-sport to assess what I have and what I'm interested in. The majority of the collection is television/movie/comic and is for the most part all listed in the 1990s trade thread, containing almost exclusively cards from '89 - '94. Suffice to say I became enthused relatively quickly. :P

As for what I trade and where I shop, I havn't been able to trade at all really, aside from one small deal I worked out with a member on here. No one seems to have any interest in the cards I have, while I, being new to trading cards, find them all to be pretty cool. :P So, I find myself scanning Ebay alot and spending more money than I should, which seems to take a lot of the fun out of it for me. The only other place I've shopped so far was at the Edmonton Comic Expo this past weekend, but there were hardly any trading cards there at all, aside from alot of Magic: The Gathering (again, no interest :P).

As for what I'm interested in... without getting too specific... Fringe, Valiant, Vintage Batman, Mars Attacks, some Marvel... The list goes on as I'm sure all non-sport enthusiast's lists do, but for now I need to try and make something of the cards I have that I'm not interested in. So, to tryyyy and cut this post short (too late, I know), I'm hoping I can cull a bit of my collection in return for some series that I'm more interested in, but it hasn't gone well at all so far. This is why I hoped I could find a more local group that might lead to more immediate development of my own personal collection... That being said, DEX, are you by any chance a dealer in town or just an enthusiast?

oh and PS: Props to all of you for keeping up your lists. I don't know how you do it. My tiny list took forever and still isn't complete, nor updated. :P

and thanks for reading! :P

Posts: 31 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I'm from Calgary (the real capital of Alberta Wink ). Around here, nonsports cards are hard to find as most stores that deal in cards usually focus on stuff like M:TG or just plain old sports stuff. The odd card vendor will turn up at stuff like the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, but they are few and far between. Ebay seems to be the way to go if you want to get stuff. Some of the comic stores will order cards in for you if you ask them nicely, but with the costs of ordering them through Diamond, you are probably better off getting them off the net.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I'm from Quebec, Artist and Collector Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha, I'm actually from Calgary as well, Obi, but live in Edmonton. :P But yeah, NS trading cards don't seem very popular locally. I've got more than a couple odd looks when people found out I collect them. And Ebay is pretty reliable, I can find most of the things I need on there, but buying them seems too easy (or painful, sometimes). It just seems to me they're called trading cards for a reason, so I'd like to trade. :P

And David, some amazing work on there. Is it all from scratch?

Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BALLEN:
Haha, I'm actually from Calgary as well, Obi, but live in Edmonton. :P But yeah, NS trading cards don't seem very popular locally. I've got more than a couple odd looks when people found out I collect them. And Ebay is pretty reliable, I can find most of the things I need on there, but buying them seems too easy (or painful, sometimes). It just seems to me they're called trading cards for a reason, so I'd like to trade. :P

And David, some amazing work on there. Is it all from scratch?

I have a Quinn auto/clothing card from season 3 of Dexter if anyone wants to trade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dex1186,

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I Live in Edmonton born in calgary . but grew up in B.C lol

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I live in Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Spencerville, Ontario

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
from the Vancouver area

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian Sculac
posted Hide Post
I live in Edmonton, best city in Canada! Smile

Posts: 27 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From the Victoria area myself...

Does anyone know of a good Canadian source for Benchwarmer boxes? I am getting skinned alive between shipping, customs, and duties.... and it will get worse next month when the USPS increases go through.

Thanks!

Fenian95

Posts: 5 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fenian
Welcome to the board.Can't contact you with an email regarding Canadian sources as it is not in your profile.Contact me

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Living in a small town in northern Ontario, have to purchase all my stuff online, which is mostly from the states. Have to get used to paying the extra, when buying from someplace other than Canada!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post