Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
COLLECTION APPRAISAL

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4297080196

February 02, 2019, 06:43 PM
TC00
COLLECTION APPRAISAL
I'm looking to have some memorabilia like signed letters appraised but not sure where to begin? I know it's easier with 'certified' items like autograph cards but not sure about other collectables. Any help? Thanks
February 02, 2019, 08:01 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
I'm looking to have some memorabilia like signed letters appraised but not sure where to begin? I know it's easier with 'certified' items like autograph cards but not sure about other collectables. Any help? Thanks

First, they must be authenticated. Only after authentication do you go after an appraisal value. That would be true whether its signed material or unsigned relic type memorabilia.

You can easily find third party autograph certification services for the usual celebrity stuff, but historical figures may require more specialized authentication. Relics or non-autograph memorabilia, which generally require additional supporting documentation or provenance, may require an expert in that particular field for authentication.

Make sure your collection has sufficiently high value and that you are thinking of selling down the road, or else authentication and appraisal will just cost you money for nothing.